Recruitment Consultant – Graduate Sector
This firm has become the number one choice for many leading names across the East Midlands and beyond for Graduate Recruitment, providing the very best of graduate talent onto graduate schemes and high level roles.
With the award of "Graduate Recruitment Consultancy – Midlands" this firm strives to offer a truly consultative recruitment service with fully trained, knowledgeable Consultants who are able to offer an effective recruitment solution to every one of our clients.
Based in a grade II listed premises in the heart of Northampton, we make it an easy location for graduates and clients to visit.
Considerable investment has been made to ensure the team has the systems and training required to be as effective as possible in their jobs. The team is supportive, focused and keen to deliver the best service to their clients. As a team they work together to get the best result for each recruitment campaign.
WHY WORK HERE:
- A supportive environment with opportunities to continue training and achieve professional qualifications
- A competitive salary and bonus scheme, with no caps in place.
- Running your own desk – the opportunity for running your own business within a business.
- Work life balance – unlike many companies within the recruitment industry we understand the importance of work life balance. This is the reason our consultants have core hours based around 9–5.
- Great team environment.
- Support for further training and development/
- Great central location with free parking
We are now looking to recruit a dynamic professional with drive and a passion for helping graduates secure job opportunities/places on schemes. You will not start on a cold desk but already have some clients in your area to manage and develop as well as needing to focus on bringing new client on board.
A consultant's role is diverse and extremely rewarding it involves:
- using business development, sales and marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business
- working towards agreed targets and kpi's
- building relationships with clients and candidates; face to face, via telephone, skype and e mail
- developing a good understanding of clients, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment;
- developing relationships with universities
- attending events with clients
- advertising vacancies appropriately by placing adverts on job boards, through social media and with universities
- working with the team to ensure vacancies are advertised in the correct way to attract the highest caliber
- using the candidate database to find the right person for the client's vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications
- interviewing new candidates and creating a shortlist of candidates
- checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client;
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question, ensuring they receive a full brief
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- assisting candidates with their interview preparation
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews, providing full feedback
- negotiating salary, start dates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates and closing the deal
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on salaries, training and career progression;
- getting involved in marketing projects to enhance development of the business, in line with the business plan
- Proven recruitment agency experience
- Degree educated or of graduate caliber
- An understanding of the university system in the UK/across Europe
- Ability to communicate on all levels from Graduate level to Director
- Not afraid to pick up the phone
- Full driving licence (own transport is desirable)
- Confident and driven with a can do attitude
- Team player
- Always looking to develop personally
- IT literate including knowledge of social media
- Excellent attention to detail
- Honest with a strong work ethic
- Focused and able to prioritize
- Resilient and able to take feedback
HOURS OF WORK:
9 – 5pm Monday to Wednesday. Thursday 8.30 – 5.00 and Friday 8.30 – 4.00.
Please note recruitment is not a 9–5 job. Some flexibility will be required to speak to candidates who work full time and also attend events and universities in the evening. Be prepared to offer some flexibility.
However part time hours will be considered for the right candidate.
SALARY: Dependent on experience, skills & education plus competitive bonus
HOLIDAY: 21 days holiday plus bank holidays plus day off for your birthday.
An extra day will be given for every two complete years of service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
- Free car parking
- Free eye test
- Support to study REC recruitment qualifications – on completion of a successful 6 month probation.
- Mobile phone.
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile if using own vehicle (must provide in date MOT, insurance)
- Fully expensed social events