Strategic Sourcing Manager
Job Title – Strategic Sourcing Manager – Procurement
Location – Milton Keynes
Rates – GBP483.30 LTD/Umbrella OR GBP421.98 PAYE
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Working on the Intelligent Infrastructure project which is 5–year programme valued at GBP380 million across the contract. The project focusses on the sourcing of resources and services all within EU legislation.
This role will be focusing on large Public Sector tenders and you will be responsible for managing these tenders all the way through to reward. You will then be responsible for passing over to the post contract management team.
What you will do:
- Develop the Sourcing process for complex, medium to high spend goods or services, utilising, where relevant, commercial purpose–built models. Influencing annual spend in the range of GBP300m – GBP500m within an OJEU environment, managing all risk, legislative and regulatory requirements
- Working collaboratively with the Strategic Category Managers and relevant customers & stakeholders (at 'Heads of' level) to execute the Integrated Category Strategies through the development and delivery of a Sourcing pipeline
- Lead negotiator of significant savings and benefits, in collaboration with all relevant customers and stakeholders, approved by Finance and applied to budgets, where applicable
- Establish a collaborative way of working with all relevant customers and stakeholders that supports the successful transition of Sourcing led execution to Strategic Supplier Management
- Challenge demand and aggregation of requirements of customers and stakeholders to maximise overall value, whilst aligning to customers' and stakeholders' objectives and priorities
- Recognised for their Sourcing expertise, providing specialist Sourcing advice. Introduce innovation, expertise and ideas to deliver Sourcing led competitive advantage
- Conduct regular competitor and supplier market watch assessments in the delivery of the optimal Total Cost of Ownership
- Lead a team of Sourcing Specialists and/or Sourcing Managers and contribute to the development of the Sourcing team to maximise value for the organisation by supporting and providing guidance to peers and input into training requirements and fostering team work
Your experience will include:
- Educated to a degree standard or equivalent and MCIPS qualified (or equivalent professional body with chartered status)
- Significant Sourcing experience with a demonstrable track record of savings delivery within an infrastructure or engineering environment
- Line management experience
- Solution driven, innovator, cost and value led
- Proven level of negotiation and dispute resolution skill set
- Experience with cross–functional collaborative working methods
- Politically aware, with the ability to use direct and indirect influencing strategies
- Demonstrable level of problem–solving experience and in large, complex organisations
- Detailed knowledge of the UK Rail Industry, including procurement processes in a reclassified environment
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you – this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client – Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around GBP23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.