Venue Sourcing Executive – Events Agency
Are you looking for the next move? Are you in search of a role where you can thrive in a fast–paced busy environment?
Our client is leading events agency based in the West Midlands. They are looking for a Venue Sourcing Executive to join their growing Venue Finding team. You will be sourcing venues for a variety of clients and preferably you should have a good knowledge of UK and International venues, strong organisational skills, be capable of working on your own initiative and be an excellent communicator.
Key Responsibilities of the Venue Sourcing Executive
- Brief Management – receive briefs from Account Manager for Venue Finding Production as well as direct business. Understand the client requirements and research suitable venues and destinations to fulfil the brief. Ability to listen intently to be able to propose suitable venues and destinations to match the brief. Clear verbal and written communication to venues ensuring all aspects of brief is understood to meet the client requirements
- Negotiating Skills – Good negotiating skills ensuring the client is only quoted the best commissionable rates available. Be aware of current market pricing with venues ensuring rates are negotiated down between 10/20% from 1st rate quoted.
- Proposal Writing – Using the template produce creative and accurate proposals within the agreed SLA. Accurate, detailed and researched information obtained to ensure that the presentation is comprehensive and in line with the brief.
- Cost Sheets – produce accurate cost sheets utilising the client template within agreed SLA. Detailed and accurate cost sheets to be produced alongside the proposal. All negotiated pricing to be included.
- Venue liaison – Clear and effective lines of communication to be established with venues. Sourcing, rate and contract negotiation throughout. Venue service delivered to the client's standards and expectations. Confidently organise and attend venue show round and accurately complete client's site inspection report. Negotiate best available commissionable rates, accurately confirm client requirements with the venue and negotiate contract terms & conditions. If requested by the client/account team, liaise with the venue on all final details including all catering and logistical requirements.
- Client Liaison – Attending client meetings where required. Clear effective verbal and written communication maintained at all times. Honest and professional communication throughout the whole project and point of support to the client at all times.
- Database Management – Ensure database is current and all discrepancies and changes are reported to data base management company. Manage, maintain and update content of VF database on all UK, European & Worldwide venues.
- Time Management – Ability to work on multiple projects and prioritise tasks. Ensure that all tasks are completed according to agreed SLA. Prioritise briefs in order of importance.
- Meeting Financial Targets – maximising commissionable revenue from venues, ensuring financial targets are met. Ensuring financial targets are met through maximising and negotiating best commission terms from venues.
- Process adherence – in line with ISO 9001. Adhere to all ISO 9001 processes that are involved with the project from inception to completion.
- Proactive self and professional development.
Knowledge/Qualifications of the Venue Sourcing Executive:
- Previous venue finding experience, ideally in an agency environment would be preferable
Skills/Abilities of the Venue Sourcing Executive:
- Excellent communication (both oral and written and excellent interpersonal skills)
- Ability to be proactive and use your initiative
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access)
- Ability to prioritise responsibilities under pressure and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Autonomous – taking ownership and responsibility
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Flexible – ability to adapt in the moment and responsive to change
- Ability to work in a team
- Please note due to our rural location your own transport will be required.
Please do contact us right away for more information!
This role would also suit:
This role would suit: Producer, Event Manager, Sourcing Managing, Senior Sourcing Planner, Product Manager, Project Director, Event Director, Event Manager, Event Project Manager, Senior Event Manager, Senior Account Manager, Account Manager, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Sourcing Assistant