Location: Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire AB25 1QX
Salary: GBP20–30k, DOE
Contract: Permanent, Full–Time
Hours: Mon–Fri 8am–5pm – some flexibility may be required
Our Mission Statement: To be a globally recognised recruitment consultancy that people love to work with!
Founded in March 2011, our business has quickly become a major player in the international Energy recruitment sector and we now supply personnel to 44 countries world–wide. We are head quartered in Edinburgh and opened our first international office in Dubai in 2013 to service the large number of clients we have based in the Middle East and have a further UK base in Aberdeen.
AGR's success has been recognised by winning Entrepreneurs of the year – Wedo Scotland awards and also reaching the finals of the EY entrepreneur of the year award.
AGR is a young, dynamic agency who will push boundaries to guarantee we deliver on our promise. Our consultants have been trained to go that extra mile and to ensure that we assist both our clients and candidates to realise their aims, goals and objectives. Our aim was to create a recruitment consultancy that not only produced exceptional results but a consultancy that EVERYONE loves to work with.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for attracting candidates for jobs and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. You'll build positive relationships in order to gain a better understanding of your clients' recruitment needs and requirements.
Working as a recruitment consultant, you'll attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. You'll screen candidates, interview them, run background checks and finally match them to their clients.
You also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
You must also enjoy working in a high–pressure environment and the responsibility that comes with it.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking to attract business from client companies
- visiting clients to build and develop positive relationships with them
- developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do, their work culture and environment
- advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a range of media, such as newspapers, websites and magazines
- using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships
- headhunting – identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work
- using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy
- receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client
- requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients regarding suitable applicants
- organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
Essential knowledge and skills:
You will need to show evidence of the following:
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- sales and negotiation skills
- a goal–orientated approach to work
- the ability to handle multiple priorities
- problem–solving ability
- the ability to meet deadlines and targets
- ambition and the determination to succeed
- confidence and self–motivation
- time management and organisational skills
- team–working skills
If you have the relevant skills and experience required for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up to date CV, along with your cover letter, stating why you are a good fit for this vacancy.
Important Information: Due to the volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you do not hear from us within four weeks, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
No Agencies please.