Sourcing Manager – HR/ Professional Services
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading procurement function in their professional services team as a sourcing manager working across HR, L&D, consultancy and a range of other sub–categories.
My client is leading insurance group is at the mid–point of a procurement transform that has gained plaudits from across the industry. They are looking to bring in exciting procurement talent who have the right approach and mentality with a desire to develop there career.
The successful sourcing manager will responsible for:–
- Strategy – Direct responsibility for development and delivery of sourcing and contracting strategies across a portfolio of categories, sub–categories and suppliers which deliver best in market and innovative solutions for the business
- Sourcing – accountable for the delivery of all sourcing activity, including RFX, RFP, supplier negotiations and contracting, ensuring compliance with sourcing policy and minimum standards
- Category Management and Compliance – To adapt and implement Category Management as an effective and efficient process, ensuring compliance with all policies, minimum standards and governance / risk mechanisms
- Contracting – To ensure that contractual arrangements are aligned with supplier and relationship strategies to deliver maximum commercial benefit whilst adequately protecting from adverse risk exposure
- Strategy Implementation – to proactively support all commercial aspects of implementation, including on–boarding and exit of suppliers, change management requests and ongoing supplier management issues and disputes
- Stakeholder Management – To work in a way that positively engages the support of stakeholders using problem solving and proactive communication skills
- Business Requirements – To have a keen insight and understanding of business requirements on a 1–3 year horizon
- Systems and processes – utilise all procurement systems as required and deliver procurement projects in line with the procurement process and standards
- Role Models – The incumbents will be expected to act as exemplars and role models, and deliver role model examples of good practice which can be shared and adopted throughout the business
- Project and Change Management – The complexity of categories and projects requires project management skills and a proven ability to manage change both internal and external through to successful completion.
The successful sourcing manager will approach every situation with a desire to improve it and won't be afraid to ask questions to challenge the business – because that is how we have always done it' is not good enough. The successful candidate will be able to identify opportunity and capitalise on it.
On offer is an excellent opportunity to join a business that really develops their individuals and offer great progression opportunities.