What will you be doing?
The role holder will focus primarily on executing deals in Global Technology Infrastructure Services where there they will support deal mainly within the Datacentre and Hosting category.
- Provide strong category knowledge and sourcing support to manage commercial negotiations with third parties, liaise with key business users across the bank to ensure favourable commercial terms which mitigate business risk. Category aligned sourcing support is provided globally, across all the bank's businesses and geographies.
- Support Team Leaders and Category Managers with the management of key stakeholders and execute deals according to policy and agreed timelines.
- Ensure end to end sourcing cycle visibility, creating line of sight on demand, cost, service and risk.
- Work closely with the Category leads to support the development of a strategy to address the execution of each type of deal activity in a lean and the most optimal way for the firm.
- Provide support to junior members of the sourcing team. Develop issue and manage RFIs and RFPs as appropriate to find the best sourcing solution that meets business and commercial requirements.
- Liaise with legal for the negotiation of large agreements to ensure favourable contractual terms and to mitigate key risks.
- There is a genuine global dimension to the remit as well as substantial autonomy and responsibility. The jobholder will be interacting at senior level both internally and externally across the banks business units globally and must possess relevant interpersonal skills.
What We're Looking For
- Experience of Strategic Sourcing within Technology (including experience working on Datacentre & Hosting related projects)
- Understanding of Hosting category area and suppliers.
- The successful candidate should have a detailed knowledge of appropriate commercial models and approaches/techniques necessary to achieve best in class deals across the category. They should have a proven ability to conduct engagement/communication with suppliers and spend categories.
- The successful candidate should have good contract negotiation skills, the relevant Financial Services and or regulated environment experience, strong networking and stakeholder management skills.
Where will you be working?
- Manchester – the offices are located at the heart of the city at Spinningfields. There are good public transport links to the office.
Allegis Group Limited operates as an Employment Business and Employment Agency as set out in the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. It is a company within the Allegis Group network of companies (collectively referred to as "Allegis Group"). Aerotek, Aston Carter, EASi, Talentis Solutions, TEKsystems, Stamford Consultants and The Stamford Group are Allegis Group brands. If you apply, your personal data will be processed as described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice available on the website.
To access our Online Privacy Notice, which explains what information we may collect, use, share, and store about you, and describes your rights and choices about this, please go to the website.
We are part of a global network of companies and as a result, the personal data you provide will be shared within Allegis Group and transferred and processed outside the UK, Switzerland and European Economic Area subject to the protections described in the Allegis Group Online Privacy Notice. We store personal data in the UK, EEA, Switzerland and the USA. If you would like to exercise your privacy rights, please visit the "Contacting Us" section of our Online Privacy Notice on the website for details on how to contact us. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID if there is an account associated with your request, or identifying information such as your address or date of birth, before proceeding with your request. If you are resident in the UK, EEA or Switzerland, we will process any access request you make in accordance with our commitments under the UK Data Protection Act, EU–U.S. Privacy Shield or the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield.