Early Careers Resourcing Adviser (South region)
The overall purpose of the Talent & Resourcing team is to identify and attract the right talent in the market to Grant Thornton. This role is to join our Trainee Talent team and will help support our national efforts by providing operational leadership to key people within our team, our candidates, internal stakeholders and trusted external partners who share our mind–set and values.
We're embarking on an exciting journey towards shared enterprise. Shared ideas, shared responsibility and shared reward. As a member of the team you'll play a fundamental part in hiring emerging talent who think like owners and who will take ownership for helping deliver our ambitious vision. You'll focus on the development of our people and delivering exceptional candidate and client experience. We're passionate about what we do and set ourselves big goals.
You'll work alongside a Senior Resourcing Adviser to lead our trainee recruitment strategy across the southern region. The role is flexible on base location, with a choice of either Bristol, Birmingham or Reading, but regular travel is expected (which is fully subsidised).
Here you will have the chance to shape the way we recruit our trainees being able to make a difference to the firm and wider society.
What you'll be doing:
- you'll have hands on responsibility for our trainee brand strategies across your region including university and school relationships, champion teams, candidate coaching strategies, campus community managers
- you'll implement the local hot jobs strategies
- you'll ensure the right business representatives are sourced, briefed and coached
- you'll be an active participant in our online candidate and new joiner communities ensuring all our candidates become advocates for our firm
- you'll have day to day relationships with our hiring managers, People Leads, interviewers and assessors and ensure they're all engaged with trainee recruitment
- you'll provide excellent client service through responsiveness and delivery of stakeholder needs
- you'll ensure candidate experience is at the heart of how we hire trainees for your region
- you'll be the go–to contact for all candidates in your region from the point of having passed digital assessment stage
- you'll ensure all earlier stage pipelines are progressing well picking up candidates after first round
- you'll think like an owner to ensure costs are kept to a minimum, pipelines are managed effectively
Who we're looking for:
- you'll have previous trainee recruitment experience as either a co–ordinator or recruiter (minimum requirement)
- you'll have experience of volume recruitment with an expertise in handling large numbers of candidates across multiple roles and pipelines (minimum requirement)
- you'll have significant experience of organising/running interviews and/or assessment days
- you'll have experience of using an applicant tracking system, preferably Workday Recruiter
- you'll be able to build relationships, influence and take a partnering approach to service delivery
- you'll possess high attention to detail and have passion for accuracy
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self–development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We're looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you'll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You'll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we've been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we're better together.