Global IT Sourcing Manager
Global IT Sourcing Manager
London, EC3M 3BD
Who we are
QBE's European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd's and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Global IT Sourcing Manager is responsible for assisting in the identification, qualification, development and negotiation of Technology sourcing initiatives which deliver predictable and sustainable value to QBE.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Support the global Sourcing Partner community in the development and maintenance of a Sourcing Strategy for Technology Services
- Assist in the identification and qualification of global sourcing opportunities, development of business cases and the make vs buy decision framework for each qualified opportunity
- Manage a portfolio of Technology Services Procurement initiatives to maximize savings, minimize risk and maximize the quality of service delivered from suppliers.
- Support the global Sourcing Partner community in execution of the processes necessary for successful implementation of global Technology Services sourcing initiatives
- Management and execute RFx process for assigned initiatives and lead market engagement
- Assist in contract development and negotiation, working with stakeholders and internal service providers (such as Legal) to achieve excellent outcomes
- Build relationships with Internal Stakeholders: Legal, Tax, Finance, Treasury, Compliance and IT Security.
- Participate in the development of the Group Technology Services Procurement function, assisting to improve the level of maturity and capability of the performance unit.
- Adherence of Technology Services Procurement initiatives to the Procurement Policy.
- Adherence of Technology Services Procurement initiatives to the Global Deal Methodology (GDM)
- Demonstrate QBE DNA in behaviors and attitudes at all times
You will need to be able to display you have the following qualifications and experience:
- Strong professional experience in technology procurement or strategic IT sourcing, in either a procurement or advisory role
- Experience of working in a global role
- Experience in applications services, infrastructure services and/or software procurement
- Experience of contract negotiation, interpretation and ongoing delivery of contractual obligations
- Experience of managing vendors/ external suppliers in the technology sector
- Proven record of cost savings through effective implementation of sourcing agreements
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies. We're 'Happy to talk Flexible working'.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be taken to the job on our system.