SF Recruitment are working with an established services organisation based in Birmingham.
- This role will include managing suppliers through the full supplier life cycle, from the identification of a business needs, tendering requirements, contracting with suppliers, and then the management of suppliers. Projects will be as assigned by the Head of Procurement, to help meet the Procurement goals as set out above.
- The role will also be required to assist with the development of the Centralised Procurement function, this could include the development and communication of policies and procedures, training and mentoring colleagues, the selection and implementation of Procurement tools, manage and managing supplier escalations.
– To run procurement projects assigned by the Head of Procurement in accordance with company policies and procedures.
– To produce and present the category sourcing plan to peers, running tender processes, presenting recommendations, and executing signed–off recommendations.
– To lead commercial negotiations with Suppliers, and carry out contractual drafting in accordance with company policies and procedures;
– To support the purchasing, implementation and maintenance of Procurement tools as assigned by the Head of Procurement.
– To manage named suppliers as assigned by the Head of Procurement, in accordance with companypolicies and procedures, ensuring signed contracts, and all documentation as required by company policies and procedures are held on file.
– To support internal customers on Procurement and Supplier Management, which may include (but not be limited to), how to draft tender requirements, completing tender templates, running commercial meetings, negotiating with suppliers, and managing internal customer escalations from time to time.
– To draft , maintain and report on business–wide compliance with Procurement policies and procedures.
– To support the Procurement Executive with Procurement communications with the wider business.
– To run meetings / committees for the Head of Procurement from time to time as requested;
– To support the Procurement Team with administration and reporting duties as required from time to time.
– Experience of working in an Indirect Procurement or Contract Management role for 5 years.
– Demonstrable experience of having completed sourcing exercises more than GBP100,000 in value.
– Experience of drafting contract schedules, and contract variations.
– Experience of managing complex supplier management relationships.
– Analytical ability to interrogate data and draw conclusions
– Good communication skills at all levels of the organisation.
– Good organisational skills, and the ability to manage projects.
– Good excel skills and the ability to analyse and interpret data to make informed decisions.
– Ability and experience of using Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word and Power–point.