Recruitment Advisor (Apprenticeships) - Maternity Cover
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
We have members of the HR team in Cheltenham, Bristol and London and they provide a full HR service for all our 8 offices from 5 hubs encompassing Reward, Talent Acquisition (TA), People Development, Employee Relations and HR Operations. The team works closely with the Firm’s different business areas liaising closely with Staff Committee.
The Talent Acquisition Hub consists of the experienced hire team and the early years team and is responsible for owning the recruitment process across the business in line with the Firm’s People Strategy. The Apprenticeship Advisor will be responsible for delivering the end-to-end programme of recruitment for the apprenticeship scheme, building key relationships with external stakeholders and ensuring that best practice is implemented at each stage.
We welcomed our first apprentices to Barnett Waddingham in September 2018 and based in our Cheltenham, Amersham and Bromsgrove offices, they are training to become pension administrators. This year, we are delighted to be extending the scheme to more of our offices and are due to launch apprenticeship schemes in our IT and Secretarial business areas shortly.
Due to a period of maternity leave, we are looking for an experienced recruitment advisor to join us on a fixed term contract. This person will be responsible for delivering the current apprenticeship scheme with key stakeholders in the business and for driving the scheme forward.
Start date: as soon as possible to ensure a good period of handover
Duration: depends on start date but likely to be around 11 months
About the person
- You will have at least 2 years’ experience of delivering and developing apprenticeship programmes, preferably gained within a professional services organisation plus additional recruitment experience beyond this
- Evidence of both operational apprenticeship recruitment experience and more strategic / implementation experience is desired
- Ideally educated to degree level but as a minimum strong A-Levels with passes A to C
- Proven ability to manage recruitment projects through the full lifecycle
- Proven experience of managing and influencing recruitment stakeholders
- Knowledge of the apprenticeship sector including legal, best practice and the apprenticeship levy
About the role
- Develop and maintain a project plan for the recruitment of apprentices across the Firm
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to understand their requirements and objectives for apprenticeship programmes within their business area and take a proactive approach in managing their expectations and delivering best practice guidance
- Organise and chair apprenticeship meetings across the firm to share best practice, report on MI, progress with the scheme etc
- Manage the relationship with existing apprenticeship training providers and research and identify new apprenticeship training providers including undertaking due diligence as required
- Work closely with apprenticeship mentors across the firm to ensure they fulfil their responsibilities and obligations to the apprentices under their care
- Take ownership of apprenticeship contracts and commercial agreements – obtaining legal advice or professional HR advice where necessary
- Working in partnership with internal stakeholders, take a lead role in designing the assessment process to best fulfil stakeholder and business requirements.
- Liaise with the Employee Relations team regarding Barnett Waddingham polices for safeguarding and wellbeing among the apprenticeship population
- Provide timely and frequent communication with apprenticeship candidates throughout the recruitment process
- Arrange for cross-business area apprenticeship meetings to collect and discuss lessons learned
- Build on existing relationships with with local schools and colleges to raise the profile of the apprenticeship programme and help pipeline future candidates
What we offer
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- A broad range of flexible (salary sacrifice) benefits to suit your lifestyle and stage
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge (along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where reasonable adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect
Wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham
Employee wellbeing has always been important to Barnett Waddingham and we believe that wellbeing at work is about raising awareness of where issues can arise and balancing the needs of employees and the business. Our aim is to create an environment which allows individuals to be satisfied at work, be successful in what they do and enable them to achieve their full potential. We have a number of programmes to support wellbeing at Barnett Waddingham.
Diversity at Barnett Waddingham
We want to have a diverse and inclusive workforce as we believe that it will provide us with high performing teams that will be the driving force behind our continued success. An essential part of this is developing teams who give and welcome different opinions, perspectives and cultural reference; bringing a real richness in our day to day activities, which will achieve better business results, for both ourselves and for our clients. It will also enable us to access a wider talent pool without any boundaries or bias.
We define diversity and inclusion in the following ways:
Respecting differences - we recognise, respect and value individual differences, which may include gender, background, education, religion, ethnicity or perspective. It is the individual that matters and the skills they bring to our organisation.
Inclusion is about embracing these differences for the future of the company. We have created an environment where all our people feel valued and respected, where people give their best. No member of staff should feel excluded from any activity because of their own background.
Corporate Social Investment at Barnett Waddingham
As a firm, we recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one.
Our environment - We have an obligation to reduce the impact that we have on the environment and we consider our consumption, waste, and travel to set clear improvement targets.
Sustainable development - we aim to avoid adverse social and environmental impact in our supply-chain by reducing the environmental impact from service contractors as well as purchasing products that meet recognised environmental standards.
Ethical procurement - People in our supply-chain must be treated with respect and have clear employment rights; we would not knowingly use any service contractors who contravened any such issues.
Charities and volunteering - Our employees make a valuable contribution through their volunteering - each employee is entitled to take one working day a year to volunteer for a recognised good cause. We also match any employee’s personal donations or sponsorship to recognised organisations and charities.
For an informal conversation, please call Corinne (TA Manager) on 01242 538567.