This is a fantastic opportunity to take on a senior management role in the procurement department of a major global distributor of aerospace parts.
My client is the world's leading independent distributor and provider of both spare–parts and chemicals to the global aerospace industry. They operate across 50+ locations and deliver 563,000 SKUs to over 7000 customers worldwide.
Meeting or exceeding profit plan goals related to cost savings, economics, quality, supplier rationalisation, low cost sourcing and other agreed objectives.
Developing and implementing short, medium and long–term material strategies that are aligned with site and divisional objectives and benefit the business by developing supplier relationships, leveraging optimum prices and reducing cost and risk within the supply chain.
Lead material resourcing activities in coordination with costing and engineering to drive a competitive advantage for the business.
Improvement of program–profitability through continuous improvement, global sourcing, long/life– time reductions etc.
Lead, motivate, support and develop sourcing and product management staff members.
- Experience of global activities, including sourcing and/or operations within different cultures and styles would be desirable.
- Experience in supply chain/procurement leadership with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Demonstrated ability to perform tactical and strategic planning functions.
- Evidence of Project management skills.
- Professional Supply Chain Certification CIPS/CPIM.
GBP50,000 – GBP60,000 (depending on experience) + corporate package.