Sourcing Manager (Category Manager)
Job Title: Sourcing Manager
Reports to: Head of Procurement (Interim Procurement Manager)
Grade: Middle Manager
Location: King Edwards Court, Sutton Coldfield
Salary: Up to ??50,000 per annum
Dignity Funerals are one of the leading funeral providers within the UK and are currently listed on the London stock exchange, with a history dating back to 1812 we employ over 4400 staff across our 826 funeral locations and 45 crematoria sites.
We are trusted by our customers to provide the most professional, empathic support at times of particular difficulty.
We are currently undertaking a transformation programme to ensure we continue to operate to the highest possible standards across our network whether it be in our operational roles based at our local funeral providers/crematoria, our award winning 24-hour Client Service Centre or our supporting functions within our Head Office in the heart of Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham).
We offer a range of benefits to our employees, as well as opportunity for growth, and career development.
Our employees are at the heart of everything we do, if you wish to be part of a successful business with a strong moral compass see details below.
What to expect
Due to an exciting transformation program, our newly created Central Procurement team is expanding rapidly, and to support this Greenfield development, we are currently recruiting for two, newly created, Indirect Sourcing Managers to join the business.
The Central Procurement team are looking to revolutionise how procurement works within Dignity, and are aligning to the principles of innovation, simplification, automation and standardisation.
The Central Procurement team are responsible for the procurement and management of indirect goods and services, across Dignity Funerals Limited. These roles would look at HR, Professional Services, Marketing, IT, Fleet, Facilities and Property
The responsibilities for these roles specifically will include managing suppliers through the full supplier life cycle, from the identification of a business needs, tendering requirements, contracting with suppliers, and then the management of suppliers.
Relevant project work will be as assigned by the Head of Procurement, to help meet the Procurement goals for the department.
As this is a Greenfield opportunity, the successful candidate will be required to assist with the development of the Centralised Procurement function, this will include the development and execution of strategic sourcing plans, the selection and implementation of Procurement tools, development of policies and procedures, supplier management, and the training and mentoring of colleagues.
What you'll need
To be a success within this role you will need to have;
- Significant experience of working in an Indirect Procurement or Contract Management role;
- Ideally you will have worked across one or more of the following categories - IT, Marketing, HR, Professional Services Facilities, Fleet or Property;
- Demonstrable experience of having completed sourcing exercises more than ??100,000 in value as well as experience of managing complex supplier management relationships;
- The desire to work in a greenfield environment, and to help mould and develop a new Centralised Procurement department based on the principles of - innovation, simplification, automation and standardisation;
- Demonstrable experience of partnering with senior stakeholders in previous roles;
- Must be a team player, who has a passion for Procurement;
- UK Driving license, as some UK travel will be required.
If you have experience of working in a regulated business environment and/or have achieved MCIPS qualification it would be a major advantage.
Bring your skillset to an organisation that really cares and you'll find the opportunities to thrive within a market leading organisation we offer a competitive salary, membership of a competitive pension plan, performance related bonus scheme and private medical cover. All this and more makes Dignity Funerals the perfect place to continue your journey.