Strategic Sourcing Manager - Blue Chip Pharmaceutical
Strategic Sourcing Manager- Global Pharmaceutical Major - ??45k - ??55k + Bonus + Package - Central London
Contact: Adam @
Global pharmaceutical giant seeks bright & driven direct procurement expert to join their growing strategic sourcing function. Working closely with stakeholders across Europe & the US, you will help design and implement best-in-class strategy in an organisation renowned for its forward-thinking approach and receptive stakeholder base.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a highly prestigious organisation in a newly created position targeted as part of their ambitious growth agenda, with a tailored career development plan in place to ensure you are consistently learning as you go and developing your procurement skillset.
As a Strategic Sourcing Manager, you will:
- Work closely with senior stakeholders to develop strategic sourcing strategies across a wide variety of categories, gaining significant exposure to the entire procurement function
- Use your procurement and category experience to assist in the development and delivery of new service offerings
- Embedding oneself within this globally revered FTSE brand, building one's CV and progressing to senior management
- Have a strong background in sourcing and procurement, with working knowledge of the end-to-end procurement lifecycle (contracts, negotiation, ITT / RFP / RFQ, stakeholder management)
- Experience in a direct procurement background within a leading organisation such as FMCG, Pharmaceuitcal, F&B or Retail
- Degree or CIPS (or studying towards)
- Have experience of working within complex procurement teams (ideally within a Blue Chip firm)
- Pharmaceutical experience ideal but not essential
- Be highly articulate, professional and hard-working
This is a brilliant opportunity for a bright and hard-working procurement specialist to build on their category experience, add a globally renowned FTSE 250 name to their CV, and pave their way towards Sourcing & Category Management.
If you fulfil the above criteria and are interested in this procurement opportunity, please send your CV to
To keep up to date with all the latest procurement jobs, follow our twitter feed at
Key skills: Procurement, Indirect, Strategic Sourcing, Professional Services, Corporate Services, HR, Contingent Labour, R&D, Research and Development, Financial Services, FM, IT, Travel, Logistics, Fleet, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), SAP, Ariba, FTSE 100, Purchasing, Buying, Negotiation, Contract Management, Project Management, Programme Management, Hertfordshire, Middlesex, West London