Client Service Recruitment Consultant
Client Service Recruitment Consultant - based onsite at top tier Software Firm (Fluent French required)
Our client holds a unique place within the temporary contingent workforce industry and operates as a managed service for some of the biggest company names in the world, delivering an end-to-end solution for them to ensure the smooth sourcing, onboarding, management and reporting of their contingent workforce.
We currently have a Client Services Consultant role based onsite at this innovative Fintech software company. This role is crucial in ensuring the efficient running of the client's manage service. Based inside the offices of one of our market leading clients, you will work closely with representatives from their key corporate functions, taking briefings from hiring managers and liaising with third party suppliers to ensure roles are filled promptly and efficiently using award winning recruitment software.
A typical day may involve briefing suppliers, arranging interviews, discussing candidates with hiring managers and carrying out induction meetings for new starters - so strong organization, good communication and a positive attitude are essential! As our clients often operate globally, this may involve working with clients and workers all over the world, so a consideration of different time zones and working practices is essential.
You will be responsible for your own client groups and managing your own workload, benefiting from the support of an experienced on-site Program Manager, who will work closely with you in providing guidance and feedback as you develop your role and progress your career.
- Meet with client hiring managers on a regular basis to ensure satisfaction and develop a trusted advisor relationship;
- Apply sound judgement and good decision-making skills when handling critical Employee Relations issues, requesting support and guidance as required;
- Ensure agreed screening and pre-employment checks take place in line with client requirements;
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all in-scope workers;
- Manage the end-to-end engagement of client-sourced talent with your client group including ensuring the worker is correctly processed through company payroll;
- Efficiently manage the relationship and performance of the approved staffing desk suppliers;
- Identify suitable new suppliers and review with Program Manager;
- Ensure appropriate information has been gathered to assess whether the worker is an Independent Contractor and carry out relevant checks to ensure compliance ;
- Work with Program Manager to carry out ad hoc and structured training on co-employment for client group as required;
- Maintain an updated desk operating manual for day-to-day operations;
- Constantly review processes and suggest improvements as identified;
- Provide great customer service support to client group;
- Support new team members on learning systems and procedures as directed by Program Manager.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong academic record;
- Three years of experience working in a relevant area such as sales, marketing, staffing industry operations, HR/recruiting;
- Good understanding of Agency Workers Regulations and how they apply to contingent workers
- Good communication skills;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written French
- 28 days annual leave per year (plus Bank Holidays);
- Enhanced pension contributions;
- Health cover;
- Critical illness cover;
- Cycle to work scheme.
Hours: 8am - 5pm