Talent & Resourcing Manager
Talent & Resourcing Manager
Reporting to the Head of Resourcing UK
Kings Cross, London
Are you an established recruiter with a solid track record of direct senior hiring?
Do you have experience of leading others to continually develop the recruitment offering?
If you've answered "yes" to both these questions then we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for a Talent & Resourcing Manager to join our HR Resourcing team in the UK.
As Talent & Resourcing Manager you'll provide guidance to a small team of Resourcing Advisors' and support their growth, while ensuring they deliver on business as usual recruitment activity and value add projects. You'll also be the lead recruiter for senior hiring across Springer Nature and have your own designated business area to recruit for.
You'll be responsible for attracting, sourcing and selecting the best talent in partnership with the business and HR, whilst managing the end to end recruitment process. As Resourcing Manager you'll continually be looking at ways to develop the service in line with Springer Nature priorities and also innovations impacting resourcing more widely.
This might involve responding directly to feedback in a pro-active and customer first way. It could see you initiate improvements across resourcing that reflect developments in the market, the business, or at a more grass roots level. You'll be an organised, pro-active, have great relationship building skills and a drive to continually develop the function.
Springer Nature is an ambitious and dynamic organisation that is home to some of the best known names in research, educational and professional publishing. We believe in creating a great place to work where people are inspired, valued and developed and this forms a key part of our strategy. We're always looking for outstanding, creative people to join us; individuals who are driven by new and exciting challenges and committed to producing high quality results.
- Lead the resourcing (for a designated business area) and implement effective direct sourcing strategies for high-volume, hard-to-fill and future pipeline needs
- Provide guidance to Resourcing Advisors in supporting their growth, while ensuring they deliver on business as usual recruitment activity and value add objectives
- Develop the candidate sourcing approach, including market mapping and research, to build appropriate candidate pools for key skills and roles
- Act as escalation for resourcing issues, providing a customer first and solution focussed approach
- Building successful working relationships with stakeholders in the business and amongst the wider HR team to deliver a great recruitment service in a collaborative way
- Attend external industry events and continuously look at new and innovative ways to improve the processes to meet changing business demands and use expertise to bring innovative methods to attract key talent to the organisation
- Own the management of sourcing channels to identify and build the internal and external candidate pipeline with engagement from the business and HR.
- Lead on delivering resourcing initiatives that support key business objectives across diversity & inclusion, developing early careers and internal mobility
- Plan and host internal/external events, attend industry events, experienced hire events, diversity initiatives and relevant forums (specific to needs) to build on the Springer Nature employer brand
- Working as part of a team to deliver the best resourcing experience for both Springer Nature and candidates
- Demonstrate the value to key stakeholders of the talent sourcing approach and interventions.
- Analysis of management information reporting and external market information to plan and recommend the talent sourcing strategy to senior management.
- Agile with a "hands on" approach to meet the team and business needs e.g. general administration e.g. maintaining the ATS system, advertising roles, sitting in on interviews where necessary and supporting Hiring Managers with anything resourcing related.
Experience, skills and qualifications
- Proven direct talent-sourcing track record through experience working in an in-house sourcing team/RPO underpinned with experience of cutting-edge initiatives to identify and attract high-quality candidates
- Skilled in interpreting briefs, search, pipeline management and candidate engagement and screening, with strong media management.
- Strong experience in a fast paced business with the ability to manage high volumes of vacancies within tight timeframes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to juggle multiple demands and build strong relationships across the business with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and able to prioritise workload effectively, thrives in a fast paced environment and flexible and adaptable to change.
- Strong team player and collaborative approach - happy to 'get stuck in' as needed
- Acumen to foster a strong employer brand to generate interest and promote Springer Nature as an employer of choice.
- Excellent understanding of how to measure business value and evaluate the impact of the talent sourcing strategy.
- Demonstrable ability to drive resourcing projects forward and deliver innovative solutions
- Build strong relationships with local HR Managers /GHRBP and Director Resourcing Strategy and functional directors to understand their needs and challenge/influence decision making
- Ability to coach, challenge, guide and advise key stakeholders in order to secure support and deliver against the talent and business agenda.
- Highly desirable is experience with the management of SAP SuccessFactors or other Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Any previous experience in a publishing environment.