Sourcing Manager - Software
Sourcing Manager - Software
Permanent, London (Canary Wharf)
We are looking to recruit a talented and ambitious Sourcing Manager to work on a new role within our UK headquarters in Canary Wharf London.
The Financial and Risk Business of Thomson Reuters is now Refinitiv. Refinitiv equips the financial community with access to an open platform that uncovers opportunity and catalyzes change. The role of the Sourcing Manager will be to source software (including Software as a Service) and hardware in support of global goals.
Position Summary & Primary Objectives
- Construct and deliver sourcing strategies and solutions via project activity and category plans in order to support the business objectives. Results are expected to deliver optimal cost and value benefits to the company. Will be responsible for managing key assigned suppliers including competitive market research, RFx opportunity identification and contract negotiations.
- Build relationships, influence, and win support from senior internal and external executives and key stakeholders within the company.
- Must have a clear understanding of stakeholder needs and technical aspects of the sourcing function and related policies in order to organize, develop and manage projects efficiently to deliver products and services to internal clients.
Major Areas of Accountability
- Work as a team leader or team member in the deal requirements process, including Request for Proposal (RFP) process, researching stakeholder requirements, documenting RFP, and coordinating all surrounding activities
- Follow best practices in the acquisition of technology products by recommending appropriate suppliers, costs, and processes
- Evaluate and analyze supplier proposals
- Review, redline, and negotiate contracts.
- Possess knowledge primarily of software and SaaS contracts with working knowledge of Hardware
- Excellent working knowledge of contract terminology in order to mitigate risks
- Negotiate commercial terms in order to obtain savings
- Lead or participate in project teams, working with stakeholders and sourcing management
- Develop and maintain supplier relationships in partnership with vendor management
- Participate in vendor performance reviews with key suppliers and internal stakeholders in partnership with vendor management to evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to address issues and leverage opportunities
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Knowledge of IT software and hardware categories and supply markets
- Working knowledge of technology software suppliers in security, marketing, development, database, etc.
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of software and licensing contract terminology
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Strong skill in use of Microsoft Office
Previous Experience Requirements
- Solid experience within strategic sourcing experience including but not limited to category level responsibilities in software and other IT categories.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, performance related bonus, as well a host of flexible working options. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.