Trainee recruitment consultant - uncapped commission
Trainee recruitment consultant
Wimbledon, South West London
??20k base with uncapped earning potential
(OTE ??35k in year 1, ??60k in year 2, ??100k+ year 3 onwards)
Recruitment is at its core a sales-based role, but instead of selling a product you are selling people and a service to clients who have high expectations of what you need to deliver. The added complexity comes from the fact your products are people: who can be unpredictable and will certainly keep you on your toes! Being a sales role means it can be very up and down but the meritocratic environment along with all the commission you can earn on top of a base salary makes it very attractive, especially in comparison to other entry level jobs on the market.
Who are Harnham?
Harnham are the global leaders in data and analytics recruitment working with a broad range of clients, from leading betting agencies to retail brands and corporate banks as well as big 4 consultancies. Starting in 2006 with our 3 ambitious founders we have grown to 130 people across offices in London, New York and San Francisco. We are a competitive and high achieving team of recruiters who all want to be successful in our own right but also celebrate each other's successes - whether that's closing a deal, hitting target or getting a promotion!
Why work with us?
Competitive & fun culture - we always have something to get involved in, whether it's scoring goals on our netball and football teams or having a few drinks down the pub! We have a monthly book club as well as ongoing team competitions that keep everyone's motivation up. Even growing from 20 to 80 people rapidly, our culture has not changed and is definitely big part of what makes us unique to other agencies out there.
Market leading training - our 2 in-house trainers have 15 years of recruitment & sales experience between them, so they know what it takes to be successful. Both being top billers in their prime now share their wisdom and knowledge with you through interactive group sessions, one on one coaching and our e-learning portal.
Clear and fast progression - your promotions will be laid out for you from day 1 so you know what you need to achieve to hit your first promotion right up to partner level. Most of our new recruitment rookies achieve their first promotions by 10-12 months, with a record promotion time being 7 months!
Lots of incentives - from lunch clubs at Michelin star restaurants to all expenses paid winner's holidays, we certainly know your hard work needs to be rewarded! We also have an annual awards night to highlight people's achievements, often have incentives to earn early finishes and get to open the beer fridge every Friday at 4pm!
Unlimited earning potential - we have an uncapped commission structure meaning there are no limits on what you earn, of course it's down to you to work hard and earn it! On top of our commission you also have the potential to earn bonuses on top of yearly earnings.
Opportunities to work board - we have offices in New York, San Francisco and Berlin with plans to open more in the coming years there will be plenty of opportunities to relocate. Once you've worked 3 years in our UK office you can transfer your recruitment career to the U.S.
What do you need to bring?
- Competitive attitude - we always have competitions going on here so if you like winning you better bring your A game to keep up with our consultants
- Resilient and determined nature - you're going to face a lot of rejection in recruitment so you're going to need a tonne of resilience and determination to bounce back when things aren't going your way
- Sales drive - recruitment is a sales role where you're constantly playing a numbers game to reach the end goal of closing a deal, if the thought of working with KPIs or targets doesn't motivate you then it's likely you won't enjoy recruitment
- Energy - you never know what's around the corner in recruitment which adds excitement and you'll be constantly kept on your toes and need to be adaptable to lots of different situations
- A quick learner - not many people know much about data & analytics but quickly pick up the market and become experts within the field they recruit in
If you are looking to start your career in recruitment and want it to be at Harnham, then apply by submitting your CV now to send your application to Emma Way at Harnham.