Senior Director - Sourcing EMEA
Our client have an exceptional team with backgrounds in technology, healthcare and biotech, and they are growing rapidly to deliver on their mission. They're actively looking to hire the world's best scientists, engineers, designers, product managers, supply chain experts, customer service and business professionals.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE POSITION OF SOURCING DIRECTOR - EMEA / PROCUREMENT DIRECTOR :
We are seeking a progressive, forward thinking, and dynamic Senior Director Sourcing for EMEA. This individual will not only support direct sourcing initiatives in the region but also lead indirect sourcing and supplier development for EMEA. The ideal candidate will create and steer strategies / suppliers that will support growth over next 5+ years. This role will enhance sourcing leadership presence in the region along with providing incremental value. The position will be domiciled in London and reports into the Senior Vice President, Strategic Sourcing with a dotted line to the EMEA President.
- Works closely with VP of indirect sourcing in creating regional strategies for assigned categories. Manages regional spends for indirect commodities
- Provides leadership for EMEA sourcing functions as needed including supporting supplier assessments and improving supplier performance
- Drives market intelligence within region & supports development / enchantment of sourcing strategies
- Explores technologies that provides xxxxx a competitive advantage & works with sourcing team in putting the right agreements in place
- Build out resources as needed in alignment with Indirect / Direct leaders and manage the team
- Scope EMEA supplier development initiative, implement meaningful KPI's (key performance indicators) and managing ongoing performance
- Be the coach and mentor regional sourcing team as needed
- Builds strong and effective working relationships with business leaders in EMEA and participates in regional meetings. Support regional growth and launch initiatives
- Supports regional QBR as key sourcing staff member
- Conducts regular reviews with leadership and respective business/functional leaders
Skills and Experience Required for the position of Sourcing Director - EMEA / Procurement Director :
- 10 plus years of experience in Sourcing / Supply chain
- Five (5+) plus years with Direct / Indirect sourcing and supplier development
- Experience in manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience with organizational development; building and leading the organization to the next level of maturity
- Capable of developing and rapidly implementing effective strategies
- Experience with multi-tasking in startup environment.
- Ability to start up key initiatives & manage execution
- Fact and analysis-based decision-maker
- Entrepreneurial mindset with focus on value creation
- Team leader and player capabilities leads by doing
- Proactive communication skills
Education required for the position of Sourcing Director - EMEA / Procurement Director -
- BS/BA Degree required
- MBA preferred
- Procurement certification preferred
- Lean Six Sigma Certification preferred (green or black belt)
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.