Selfridges is a social centre where everyone is welcome. We surprise, amaze and amuse our customer's everyday by doing the unexpected, celebrating those special moments and inspiring one another. We are the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience unrivalled with products and services ranging from high street to high end.Role Responsibility
We are looking for a Recruitment Consultant to join our HR Team, focusing on providing a value added recruitment service to their client groups, driving effectiveness and performance in line with business goals and Selfridge's values. We are looking for someone who is proactive, passionate about finding talent and have amazing knowledge of the needs for luxury retail. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a fast paced environment and will thrive through constant challenge and inspiration. You might have a specialist area (retail) but you'll be comfortable working on any role whether it is hiring a professional skateboarder for our menswear department or an Elfridge for the Christmas period!
You'll support Hiring Managers throughout the selection process, our hiring managers will need your help to identify what skills they're looking for and how best to assess these. You'll be confident challenging their thinking and asking the right questions to figure this out. You'll own everything about the hiring process from beginning to end
We are known for our extraordinary customer experience but it will be your job to mirror the same, exceptional experience for our candidates. You'll be confident at approaching candidates at all levels and have the ability to challenge both the business and your stakeholders.
The Ideal Candidate
We constantly refine our hiring processes to make them more effective. You'll use data and experience to work out what's going well and where things could be better, and share your findings with your team and the wider business.
- Experience of managing the end to end recruitment process for both volume and specific recruitment areas.
- An in-depth knowledge of candidate attraction methods such as LinkedIn.
- Strong experience in designing an evaluating recruitment tools such as role guides and selection tools.
- Exposure of managing reports including vacancy trackers, finance updates and performance reports.
- Knowledge of using ATS systems.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, evolving retail environment.
- Knowledge of recruitment attraction methodology, branding and the retail industry.
- Experience of working in a team environment and the ability to build strong cross departmental relationships at all levels.
- A background in direct sourcing through headhunting and market mapping.
- Knowledge of employment law including immigration.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills, with the ability to create engaging and relevant content to the audience.
- Commercial focus.
- The ability to think independently and make balanced, business focused decisions.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A self-starter with a passion their own development.
- The ability to adapt to change and a varying workload.
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written.
- Able to quickly develop and maintain relationships.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- The ability to present and influence effectively across all levels.
- Can create and take ownership of a clear plan and deliver, coming up with ideas and opportunities that will drive the department and business forward.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- The ability to review ways of working, evaluate performance and drive change where needed.
- A strong team player who can bring a range of people together to deliver results and collaborate flexibly.
- The ability to share passion and knowledge for the role and department, creating buy-in and trust from their colleagues.
We are a shop run on imagination: a place where the world's most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other.
We have challenged the rules of retail from day one, whilst demonstrating our unwavering commitment to sustainability. In 2016, we were the first to be awarded with recognition for the 'World's Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store' at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. We are also recognised as the Best Department Store in the World (2010, 2012, 2014 & 2018) underlining our place at the forefront of retail. In 2018 we were recognised as a LinkedIn Top Company to work for.
Our vision is to be the destination for the most extraordinary customer experience, and our people are central to us achieving this. As an employer we are committed to making Selfridges an exciting, inspiring and fun place to work