Venue Sourcing Specialist - Events Agency
Venue Sourcing Specialist - Events Agency
"Good, better, best, never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best."
Our client is a global leader in event and meeting management, with an office in Birmingham. They deliver over 35,000 events each year, worldwide, and work with a large range of industries.
They are looking for a dynamic Venue Sourcing Specialist with at least 1 year's meeting and events experience, to deliver all the venue sourcing requirements of identified or various client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area.
Sound of interest? Read on!
Purpose of the role:
To deliver all the venue sourcing requirements of identified or various client accounts and be a trusted advisor to clients within this specialist area.
To provide the highest possible level of personal venue finding service to key clients
To forge and develop relationships across all levels of the business imparting best in class market knowledge of meeting facilities and providers and thus supporting clients key objectives in meeting arranging.
To ensure maximum revenue generation in all areas whilst always ensuring significant ROI to the client
Key Areas of Responsibility of the Sourcing Specialist:
- To maximise client revenue through up selling and promotion of the company's services.
- To be continually aware of the departmental targets and client income
- To ensure cancellations are managed in line with the company's standards and procedures
- To maximise all income opportunities and to be actively aware of commission rates, preferred partners securing and negotiating enhanced levels wherever possible.
- To undertake face to face meetings with clients as and when required to do so
- For allocated client accounts, to immerse yourself in allocated client brand and culture through understanding of their market place and competitor landscape
- To support the rest of the business pillars by providing them with new and existing leads within client account.
- To coordinate venue visits for the client and where necessary arrange for you to accompany them
- Understand and keep up to date with individual clients processes and procedures
- To understand, qualify and accurately detail the clients brief (enquiry) and contact the client directly to obtain any missing information before sourcing can begin
- Contact the list of suitable venues by either telephone, email or external online sourcing platforms and check availability for all required facilities
- Negotiate rates and terms and conditions with the venue on the client's behalf utilizing preferred venues to achieve the best rates and commission where applicable.
- To ensure all incoming calls and written communication are actioned promptly, efficiently and dealt with in an appropriate manner responding to the business and client needs
- To adhere to the company standard or Client Specific Service Level agreements (where required).
- Identify upselling opportunities and action accordingly
- Identify scope creep and action accordingly
- Update in house system with all required information during the life cycle of an event for strict company compliance & client reporting purposes.
- To undertake any other duties or responsibilities that may reasonably be expected within the terms of the role as assigned by your Team Leader or Operations Manager
- To attend all meetings both internal and external that are deemed relevant, participating and contributing as necessary.
Skills and Required Qualifications:
- Word / Excel / PowerPoint and general IT skills essential
- Strong multi-tasker who works well under pressure and can easily deal with short lead requests
- Accomplished and confident negotiator
- Able to self-motivate
- Creative, open-minded and willingness to adapt
- An excellent communicator & team player
- At least 1 year's experience in working in Meetings & Events
- Knowledge of Cvent or Lanyon (Desirable)
- Language skills (Desirable)
This role would also suit:
Venue Sourcing Executive, Venue Sourcing Coordinator, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Source, Sourcing Executive, Sourcing Manager, Operations Manager, Operations co-ordinator, Project Executive Events, Events Project Executive, Venue Finding Executive, Venue Finding, Venue Finder, Venue Finding Manager
Venue Sourcing Executive, Venue Sourcing Coordinator, Venue Sourcing Manager, Venue Source, Sourcing Executive,