Resourcing and Finance Administrator
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, apprenticeships and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online platforms. When you work with BPP, you will be part of a business that really believes in supporting your personal and professional development.
Voted the UK's Best Higher Education Provider by Education Investor Magazine in 2013, BPP University is the UK's only university solely dedicated to business and the professions. We are dedicated to delivering talent and training for the competitive demands of business and our programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals from law, business, finance and health.
To manage the administrative processes relating to resourcing activities for the School of Business and technology. The role holder will also be responsible for operating a smooth invoicing process for all the School's associates and suppliers. You will work closely with the Head of Faculty and Resourcing and Senior Head of Delivery to ensure that the Schools budget is managed and monitored accurately throughout the year.
A key part of your role will be to monitor the School's monthly accruals and to ensure that our Associate and suppliers invoices are paid in a timely manner. You will manage a key relationship with the central purchase ledger department to ensure the Schools processes are kept up to date. This role will also perform other tasks as required by the resourcing team.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with day to day resourcing administrative tasks;
- Processing the day to day timetable changes and tasks associated with changes;
- Supporting the new freelancer setup process;
- Manage the course set up process;
- Manage capacity management process;
- Order classroom materials where applicable;
- Organise and manage the attendance on faculty induction and training days;
- Manage the faculty and associate database;
- Assist the team with the marker resourcing process;
- Manage the categorization of the resourcing team inbox;
- Manage the student timetable queries inbox
- Make individual student changes using the Scientia system;
- Manage the student group changes in conjunction with the student records team;
- Assist with the resource allocation for termly student inductions.
- Dealing with School of Business & Technology expenses;
- Process and record Freelancer invoices;
- Process and record supplier invoices;
- Prepare and manage the termly invoicing records;
- Chase suppliers for outstanding invoices;
- Review the weekly payments report from purchase ledger;
- To assist in the production of the School annual budget;
- Monitor the schools termly accruals and report back to the budget holder;
- Arrange new freelancer setup;
- Support with producing HR7's and liaising with Associates on a termly basis;
- To attend regular meetings with the finance department to ensure all the Schools cost centres and processes are up to date.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Experience of working in a busy office environment;
- Experience of working as part of a large team;
- Experience of working with customers;
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment;
- Ability to record accurate data/information in a database;
- Ability to take and deliver messages accurately and clearly and concisely;
- Ability to produce work to a consistently high standard, with attention to detail, within tight deadlines;
- To be able to exercise judgement in making decisions;
- Ability to multi-task at a high paced level;
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Good oral and written communication skills - able to deal with people in person, on the telephone, in writing (including via email);
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication with a positive telephone manner and the ability to build rapport and maintain empathy with students, clients, tutors and faculty staff;
- Passionate about dealing with people;
- Proactive, highly motivated and adaptable to change, as the company and industry in which they are based is very fast paced and competitive;
- Ability to work sensitively with different people's needs;
- Must have good time management skills;
- Please note that this role will involve occasional evening work to support evening inductions.