Sourcing Buyer - Engineering Manufacturing
??25,000 - ??30,000 - Manchester
A Sourcing Buyer is required to join a specialist manufacturer of pressure control equipment in Cheshire. The sourcing buyer will join the Purchasing team to manage commodities in line with MRP and buying / sourcing to support the needs and requirements of the company.
The client is an established business with a strong recognised name within the industry. Employing people globally with multiple production sites and sales offices. This role would be based in one of the main UK bases where existing production takes place.
This role is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Buyer or Assistant Buyer who is looking to have more responsibility and gain the next step in their career.
- You will identify, research and evaluate suppliers that meet the organisations standards of price, quality, timing and reliability of supply Achieve year on year demonstrable material cost reductions through global sourcing and negotiation.
- Assess supplier products to ensure that they comply with specifications and meet the organisations quality standards (ISO 9001)
- Negotiate prices and delivery conditions and commit to purchases (within established limits of authority) with terms that are in the company's best interest
- Interpret inventory requests, production schedules, purchase requisitions, high volume purchase orders and other documents to co-ordinate purchasing activities with the organisations current and anticipated demand for goods and materials
- Monitor the quality and timelines of materials and goods supplied
- Follow up the status of purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery and communicate the status of orders with internal customers
- You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both internally and externally across all levels
- Monitoring supplier's performance and updating all information on current suppliers, chasing up ISO certifications
Additionally any candidates with the following would be very beneficial:
- Professional qualifications / training in CIPS or equivalent
- Technical procurement,
- ERP and MRP
I am expecting a strong response to this so if you are interested or would like more details then please apply using the link displayed.