Low Cost Sourcing
Location: Greater Manchester - commutable from Salford, Manchester, Bolton
Salary: ??25,000 - ??30,000 plus bonus & benefits
Are you looking for a fresh challenge in a fast paced busy environment?
Our client, a market leader in the distribution of products to the retail industry is now seeking a talented and ambitious Sourcing Buyer to join their Manchester based offices.
Working within a driven and interesting team this dynamic and forward thinking company have thrived on integrity, loyalty of their staff and in return they offer fantastic basic salary and leading market benefits. Our client is offering a highly attractive proposition that comes with ongoing support and career development.
As Sourcing Buyer you will demonstrate expertise and understanding of the sourcing process in order to widen supply base and drive market leading cost; whilst understanding processes and costs involved with the manufacturing, raw materials, logistics, currency fluctuations, warehousing and distribution through to end use.
- Work closely with the Head of Sourcing to agree sourcing strategy across the category portfolio, to help drive attainment of shared cross-functional targets and to ensure agreed policy is implemented.
- Accountable for developing relationships with new suppliers, meeting technical and QC requirements, communicating landed cost analysis and comparison, oversee onboarding process.
- Develop and deliver category specific sourcing plans.
- Maintain control of the potential supplier base, working with the Sales teams to identify customers' purchasing patterns and subsequently identify an appropriate supplier sourcing framework by product, together with price and delivery negotiations in order to maintain competitor advantage.
- Understand market and customer trends, and ensure that product procurement and placement reflects these trends accurately and ahead of time. Input into the business's strategy in relation to competitor threats.
- Achieve/exceed target procurement prices, rebates and marketing support whilst constantly dealing with suppliers in an upfront, honest and mutually beneficial manner.
- Ensure that all customer enquiries and tenders including the maximum amount of additional price support receive timely responses, including all required information, in order to secure the business.
- Ensure all new suppliers are focussed on our Supplier charter elements and are fully signed up as 'A' category suppliers.
- Strive to become the recognised sourcing expert with a large portfolio of suppliers and contacts to meet the demands of the business.
The successful candidate will need to have previous experience working as a Sourcing Buyer with FAR EAST experience - You will possess excellent negotiating skills as well as experience in procurement as well as solid communication and articulation skills and attention to detail is key.
This position offers a competitive salary and outstanding package, including market leading bonus scheme, regular salary reviews, free parking, great holidays and a very friendly team environment.
Apply online or for further information please contact one of our specialist consultants quoting REF: NJR8924