Commercial Sourcing and major Projects Team Leader
A high profile procurement project role
Your new company
This public sector company is a great place to enhance a broader understanding of end to end procurement within Government whilst working side by side with Military colleagues. This post will be challenging but very rewarding with the opportunity to develop core skills and make a significant contribution to Defence, and the Military body.
Your new role
The Sourcing Projects Team Leader is responsible for providing its customers with support on all aspects of procurement processes. While this will include commercial matters including assistance with the negotiation, pricing, placing and administration of procurement contracts, it should also include guidance to customers on the key steps in managing a procurement project, drawing on appropriate commercial and finance policy, legal and regulatory issues. This is an exciting opportunity which involves getting out and about to front line sites to understand customer requirements, researching the opportunities for commercial solutions and developing innovative routes to market.
Key Responsibilities -
- Developing and implementing the procurement strategies for major strategic projects which may either be significant relets of existing contracts or completely new requirements.
- Implementing and (as appropriate) developing company Commercial policy
- Ensuring any contracts let by the Project team are developed in conjunction with the Contract Management Subject Matter Experts to ensure lessons are learned from existing contracts.
- Developing and designing their team and team structure, encompassing issues associated with geographical dispersal of resources, as necessary
- The allocation, prioritisation and management of work within their team, ensuring the work is fairly distributed to match capabilities
- Encouraging the sharing of best practice within the team, including to different locations
- Overseeing the development of individuals within their team and providing support, guidance and training as appropriate
- Ensure that appropriate support and audit routines are in place
- Supporting the maintenance of good MI and adoption of tools
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be successful in this post you will require:
* Evidence of leadership and development of teams
* Evidence of creating and delivering commercial strategies
* Significant experience of leading commercial delivery of procurement projects
* Evidence of applied commercial acumen particularly in pre-sourcing and sourcing aspects
* Evidence of working collaboratively as a member of a team and building strong relationships with colleagues in other disciplines as well as industry.
* Excellent communication skills, relating commercial information to non-specialist audience both on a 1:2:1 basis with senior stakeholders and Industry events.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.