Recruitment Consultant - Stamford
6 days left
- Full Time
Recruitment Consultant - Stamford
My client is a niche supplier of Health & Safety, HR and Engineering personnel on an international basis. Due to continued growth we are now seeking a Recruitment Consultant to assist with nurturing our existing client network and develop new business within the UK and
With training and mentoring provided in-house, and the opportunity to develop a desk with limitless earning potential, this is an outstanding opportunity for the right candidate who has the drive, commitment and enthusiasm to deliver and create long lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with our clients.
Role and Responsibilities
Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting new and developing existing clients to the company through cold calling, marketing and business development. With a view to receiving vacancies from the company and sourcing appropriate candidates to those positions.
The Recruitment Consultant will work with client companies, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising in a wide range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. Screen candidates, interview them, do background checks and finally match them to clients. Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
Typical work activities
Recruitment consultants provide a vital link between clients and candidates. The role is demanding and diverse and involves:
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from client companies;
- Visiting clients to build and develop relationships;
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment;
- Advertising vacancies by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media, for example newspapers, websites, magazines;
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers;
- Headhunting - identifying and approaching suitable candidates who may already be in work;
- Using candidate databases to match the right person to the client's vacancy;
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and tests and creating a shortlist of candidates for the client;
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client;
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question;
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants;
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client;
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews;
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates;
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression;
- Working towards and exceeding targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated;
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
The recruitment industry is widely recognised as a sector that rewards commensurate the effort applied by the Recruitment Consultant, in other words, the greater the effort the greater the reward.
The successful candidate will be someone with the drive and desire to succeed through positive and professional requirement practises. With the following experience;
- Previous experience as a recruitment consultant, ideally 360
- Experience of Health & Safety, HR or Engineering recruitment
- Proven track record of monthly billing and exceeding targets
- Experience of cold calling, business development, cross selling, client meetings and presentations.