IT Sourcing Partner
As an IT Sourcing Partner you will lead the management of stakeholder relationships and the strategic relationship with suppliers with IT globally and manage the delivery of sourcing deals and related IT procurement.
An important role where you will be contributing to the development of strategy and managing its implementation to enable the delivery of high quality sourcing services that are aligned with business needs.
My client is a leading global insurance business that offers services to a broad portfolio of clients from individuals to multi-national organisations.
Sourcing & Procurement as a function is very well established and recognised as a centre of excellence, with a diverse portfolio. The work is a mixture of strategy, projects, relationship management and sourcing/procurement opportunities. The breadth of scope is broad - IT Procurement (enterprise software), IT Outsourcing (specifically Application Development and Maintenance), high-value sourcing transactions.
As an IT Sourcing Partner your key responsibilities will involve:-
- Manage strategic customer relationship, taking accountability for delivery of sourcing and procurement services.
- Shape the overall global sourcing strategy, understanding customer needs and adjusting accordingly.
- Management and oversight of all large and complex deals for the business area.
- Relationship Management of the critical, strategic supplier relationships; including being the escalation point for unresolved commercial issues.
- Lead all future negotiations and program manage according to organisational standards.
- Assesses and qualifies sourcing opportunities within the customer's domain. Advise customers on sourcing and procurement opportunities, deliver and support their sourcing initiatives.
- Ensures effective procurement within IT including adherence to process and policy
The successful IT Sourcing Partner will have the following:-
- Business related degree or equivalent level education
- Proven experience of working within IT, Project Management, Vendor Management, Service Management, Sourcing Advisory etc.
- Development and knowledge of commercial constructs, standard contract terms
- Intimate knowledge of customer contracts between businesses and their strategic suppliers and the operational aspects of such terms - Software, ADM, ITO, Desktop services and BPO.
- Software licensing and maintenance, agile/consultancy, testing, marketing and innovation services terms and conditions
- Experience in developing high quality documentation, professional presentations and executive reporting material
- Experience in negotiating technical and commercial contractual material.
- Experience of facilitating customer strategy sessions and conduct workshops to identify and create sourcing opportunities
For the successful IT Souring Partner you will be joining an exciting global insurance business that truly values procurement. There is a strong package on offer and the working is dynamic and refreshing, treating you like an adult an giving you the freedom to thrive in your role. With a brilliant central location in London, this is an excellent opportunity to establish yourself in a business that globally respected.