Global Lead Construction Sourcing Manager
An excellent opportunity to join a procurement team as a Global Lead Construction Sourcing Manager at a senior level and help drive a transformation. The primary responsibility for this role is to shape and execute the global sourcing strategy for office fit-out construction categories; the role will be critical in shaping how the business engage with the construction materials and services supply markets for opening new and refurbishing existing centres.
My client is a leading global property business that specialises in offering workplace solutions to a range of clients in different regions. They have ambitious plans of where they want to take the business and are working on a range of innovative ideas which will help them to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
Some of the key responsibilities for the Global Lead Construction Sourcing Manager are:-
- Defining a sourcing strategy for all supplies in the value chain from design and fit-out to opening and refurb to closure
- Design, implement and oversee successful commercial and operational collaboration between designers, general contractors, nominated materials suppliers, fit-out contractors and internal project management teams.
- Contributing to optimising our design-bid-build engine and similar fit-out engagement models
- Ownership and management of the construction spend categories
- Liaison with supply partners in strategic categories
- Build trust-based and solid relationships with relevant stakeholders to secure an aligned approach and methodology
- Responsible for all SRM activities to driver further value engineering with partner suppliers to improve supply chain speed, innovation, customer value and cost
- Manage a small team of 1-2 direct reports, and coach regional sourcing teams with construction related advice
The sussesful Global Lead Construction Sourcing Manager will be able to demonstrate the following:_
- Operated successfully in a global strategic leadership procurement role.
- Deep understanding of sourcing experience in office fit-out materials and services in more than one country, or equivalent exposure to office fit out construction work
- Capable of performing in an entrepreneurial environment with a healthy degree of uncertainty
- Is comfortable in running complex projects in hands-on fashion with some but limited possibility to delegate/distribute
- Excellent skills in finding creative and unconventional ways to rapidly solve a supply problem and in designing, communicating and executing an action path towards a solution
- Ability to articulate problems and progress in concise and dense language
- Very good understanding of contract laws and forms of contracts
The successful Global Lead Construction Sourcing Manager will be joining an exciting procurement transformation where you will really be able to make an impact. There is a strong base salary on offer with a lucrative bonus. In addition, you will be working in a fast paced environment which is challenging and rewarding. The business embraces dynamic working approach.