Senior Sourcing Manager
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Manager
Corporate Title: Vice President
Division: Strategic Procurement
The Strategic Procurement division is accountable for delivering the sourcing vision and strategy to meet Deutsche Bank's business goals across the Information Technology (IT) Services landscape.
- Leading the execution and supporting the development of Category-based sourcing processes for assessing and fulfilling current and future sourcing needs, acting as process owner and champion for the strategic sourcing and consumption management processes in their area of category spend
- Managing complex sourcing deals, driving the supplier selection and negotiation process for key sourcing events
- Leading the development of annual and medium-term strategic plans, in collaboration with clients and colleagues, for all new sourcing projects, ensuring savings are built into budgets and the annual operating plan. Identifing specific sourcing projects/initiatives for the year including expected savings, resource requirements and associated timescales for completion
- Ensuring clear alignment between sourcing objectives and client's short and longer term interests alongside, Focusing on rationalising the vendor base for a specified category and/or region whilst fostering supplier development through supporting the building of a world class internal vendor management capability including driving common and shared standards of vendor management across The Bank
- Executing strategies to extract supply-side savings and managing demand-side consumption in order to lower the Bank's Total Cost of Ownership for external spend as it relates to the specified category
- Developing strong, productive working relationships with clients at a senior level. Building and maintaining a robust understanding of the client's business strategy, key drivers and current issues to inform the development of product/service implementation strategies that will meet client needs, and which reflect external market trends, competition considerations, macro economic factors and Deutsche Bank strategic direction
- Building and maintaining diverse, productive relationships inside and outside Deutsche Bank. Collaborating with colleagues and influences activities to achieve positive outcomes in the interests of the wider Deutsche Bank business
- Highlighting operational, regulatory and other risks to the Head of Category and Head of Strategic Procurement. Taking ownership for sourcing issues and actively participates in their resolution
- Monitoring performance against agreed metrics (Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), Key Risk Indicators (KRIs))). Providing clients with regular and ad hoc Management Information (MI), analysis and insight to drive new thinking, development and implementation of interventions to address changing business needs and reflect market trends
- Collaborating with Service Delivery Management and Vendor & Performance Management to review the performance of strategic partners and local vendors against service, price, quality and innovation dimensions. Works with the wider team to identify and execute continuous improvement initiatives that deliver both incremental and step change in performance targeting areas such as process effectiveness, supplier management and performance measurement
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in one or more relevant technical area
- Experience in a leadership role and in managing senior client relationships
- Experience managing complex sourcing projects
- Senior level experience in commercial negotiations
- Successful, multi-year track record in a sourcing or a vendor management organisation
- Experience working in the Financial Services/Management industry
- Strong team leader and team player, able to work in virtual, global teams in a dual reporting matrix organisation
- Excellent relationship management, analytical, problem solving, financial management, strategic agility, communication, influencing and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English (written and verbal) and local languages if necessary
- Exposure to a broad range of client groups and business challenges. Willing to take the tough decisions
Diversity, inclusion and mutual respect are essential elements of who we are. These values define the working environment we strive to create - engaging, supportive and welcoming of different views. We believe innovation stems from intellectual curiosity alongside the right mix of skills and talents. Therefore, we embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds. The company promotes equality of opportunity and encourages the development of all employees to their full potential. We are open to agile working arrangements - talk to us about flexibility and other initiatives we offer.
We are an equal opportunities employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and national or ethnic origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We aim to treat all employees in a fair and consistent manner, promote good working relationships to encourage high standards of conduct and performance within a work environment free from harassment, bullying and discrimination.
Please let us know if you require any adjustments to enable you to apply or attend an interview. If you would like to discuss your requirements, or have any concerns about the application process, please contact your recruiter.