Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Manufacturing and Production - Bolton
My client is a growing Manufacturing and Production business based in Bolton looking for a strategic sourcing specialist to join their purchasing team and continue to develop and improve the Supply Chain to support the Organisation's operational goals and objective in what is an integral role.
The key responsibilities for this Strategic Sourcing Specialist based in Bolton will be;
- Develop the Supply Chain to support the Organisation's operational goals and objectives.
- Maintain and improve performance with the current supply base and develop competencies to mitigate risk and minimise supplier disruption.
- Work with the purchasing team and other key stakeholders to deliver new processes, sourcing activities and supplier development.
- Present the Sourcing and Supplier Development activities to the wider organisation, including Senior Leadership.
- Proactively propose change and processes which will improve the purchasing function and implement those changes.
- Develop clear strategies within purchasing, taking a strong commercial approach to deliver improvements and cost saving where possible.
The successful candidate for this Strategic Sourcing Specialist role will be the following;
- Moderate knowledge of SAP a great knowledge of using Excel.
- Come from a strategic sourcing role with evidence of delivering success globally.
- Come from a manufacturing background including a knowledge of metal fabrication and machined parts.
- Implemented strategic techniques and methodology previously and can confidently explain this and put it into practise.
- Knowledge of collaborative Supplier Improvement methodology.
- Able to communicate and influence stake holders at all levels.
- MCIPS qualified and preferably degree qualified.
??35,000 - ??42,000 + Package