Resourcing Assistant IFS Belfast
A career in Resourcing and Deployment, within internal firm services, will provide you with the opportunity to work in cross line of service staffing helping our network be even more agile in the ever evolving markets we work with, providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. You'll focus on ensuring that resources of suitable skills and calibre are available for tasks and activities as required as well as managing the education, planning, and skills enhancement associated with resources.
As a team, we maximise resource sharing and enable the delivery of the firm to our clients through line of service and cross line of service staffing, forecasting, utilisation, and workload balance while considering development and diversity initiatives.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Proactively assist the team in various aspects of the project
- Prepare deliverables
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Ensure you are adhering to compliance matters
- Work on developing internal relationships and your PwC brand
About the team
PwC's Resource Management (oneRM) team is a centralised function which assists the firm in being more agile and providing the right people on the right projects at the right time. It is an exciting time for our Resource Management team as we build on the professionalism of our people, embrace new technology and work closely with the business to develop and implement PwC business and people strategy.
About the role
We are looking for a Resourcing Assistant who will join a new Scheduling Hub to work alongside our Centre of Resourcing Excellence (CoRE) team. The Scheduling Hub team will perform critical tasks that can be delivered without close collaboration with the business. We aim to deliver significant efficiencies by standardising a number of our core business processes and, where possible, automating with the use of technology. The RM community will procure support from the scheduling hub, thus freeing them up to deliver increased strategic and value add services as outlined in the RM business strategy.
In a fast paced, dynamic environment, this role will provide you with opportunity to finesse your organisation and co-ordination skills, though on the job learning and specific training
The key responsibilities of this role
- Ensuring that changes to staff schedules are action promptly, using our workforce planning system (Staffing & Deployment), including the review and update of uploaded staffing plans (budgets) and proposed work.
- Producing regular, standardised Management Information (MI) to provide insight and trends to Resource Managers and senior stakeholders, helping to drive business growth.
- Performing regular data integrity checks/data cleansing in our workforce planning system to deliver sustainable, high quality information.
- Update and maintain key systems with business critical data to support the management of headcount budgets and forecasts on a regular basis.
- Using existing and emerging technologies to process a range of RM related data to ensure that critical business activities are cascaded and/or completed in a timely manner.
- Early identification and action to address issues that may adversely impact on delivery, using appropriate escalation protocols, where necessary.
- Share knowledge and best practice across the team.
- Build and develop strong and effective relationships with colleagues working other locations around the UK.
- Provide responsive and professional administrative support to PwC Resource Management community across our business.
Essential skills and experience
- Ability to work independently and across multiple workstreams
- Planning and/or Scheduling skills
- Maintain high attention to detail, especially when processing high volumes of work
- Actively manage expectations and escalate where necessary
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for development
- Time management and organisational skills
- Resilient and proactive with a positive, agile attitude towards changing demands and peaks/troughs in workload.
Desirable skills and experience would include;
- Use of workforce planning systems such a Retain or Saviom, although training will be provided for successful candidates
- Knowledge of MS Office or Google suite applications, particularly MS Excel/Google sheets
- Use of workflow management/case management tools
- Experience of managing high volume tasks
Who we're looking for
In order for us to meet the future challenges of the Resource Management function, we want to attract candidates from varying backgrounds and industries that can demonstrate their ability to
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal)
- Use technology and established tools effectively and be eager to work in a future focused team whose tasks will evolve with the needs of the business.
- Manage conflicting deadlines and priorities
- Deliver quality outputs whilst under pressure
- Ability to build good working relationships at all levels
- Strong team player, adaptable and pro-active with a 'can do' attitude
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.