Strategic Sourcing Project Manager
Manpower are currently searching for a flexible, self-starter and highly-driven Sourcing Project Manager who will lead, manage and monitor the scheduling, finances, and long term performance of Sourcing Programs to work within a prestigious Global Automotive company based in Erdington, Birmingham.
The Sourcing Project Manager will also be responsible for data preparation and execution of supply chain focused programs and plans, to drive opportunities with the supply base to improve free cash flow and EBITDA. The position will work directly with employees assigned to program from various departments, will guarantee projects are completed on time and within budget and communicate status and results to stakeholders and senior management.
In addition, this dynamic position requires the flexibility to lead specific projects whilst also controlling data integrity for key aspects of the sourcing group globally, to provide accurate metrics reflective of global project performance to master plans and schedules.
- Direct and manage Sourcing and Supply Chain related projects from development to closure.
- Flex between project management and control of performance data globally.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely
and clear fashion by liaising with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required
personnel from within the company.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team; manage dependencies and
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team analyse results and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and track status throughout project life cycle
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Other relevant tasks and duties.
The ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- Strategic Vision.
- Building organizational capacity.
- Results driven.
- Embrace change.
- Collaboration and Influence.
- Entrepreneurial spirit.
- Customer value and Market focus.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Degree level qualification or similar
- Proven direct experience in Procurement or Supply Chain Management position; plus experience leading project teams.
- Strong experience in project management methodology and process
- Experience performing financial analysis (NPV, ROI, Total Cost evaluations) and presenting them for management approval required.
- PRINCE2 Certification or similar highly desirable
- Assertive and confident character, innate ability to build and influence relationships
- Experience at working both independently and in a team oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Persuasive, encouraging, can influence indirect personnel and motivate others
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong data analysis skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- MS Projects, Gantt charts knowledge desirable
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial
This is a temporary vacancy with an immediate start, working 8.30am - 5pm Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 3.30pm Friday paying around ??19.98 per hour