6 days left
- Full Time
My client is looking for a Sourcing Manager to drive continuous improvement throughout an international supply base, with the objectives of maximising savings potential, total acquisition cost, new product innovation and delivery/quality performance.
You will be responsible for source selection and the development of sourcing strategies in support of the Business Line requirements. You will be required to work with Site Sourcing, Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain organisations using global benchmarking in order to leverage spend and optimise purchasing synergy.
You will be closely working with: Business Line & Service Sourcing, R&D / Engineering, SD / Quality at plant and group level, Supply Chain and Finance.
The position could be located in Malm??, Stockholm, Helsinki, Katrineholm, Bispg??rden or Stargard.
Significant international travel, sometimes at short notice is an essential part of the role.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- The identification, introduction and development of new sources of supply in best cost country locations (incl. EMEA, APAC) ensuring benchmark performance in terms of total acquisition cost
- Project Manage & Implement supplier rationalisation programs to maximize commercial leverage, leading to the nomination, selection and development of long-term strategic suppliers capable of best practice performance in terms of cost, delivery, quality and new product innovation
- Development of 'Global' sourcing strategies ensuring total acquisition cost benefit within the overall business / product line requirements
- To achieve year on year annual cost reduction targets within the Design to Cost (DtC) and New Product Introduction (NPD) framework for the commodity areas controlled.
- To evaluate and develop the supply base and introduce new suppliers as appropriate to meet the current and future needs of the business, at the same time ensuring continuous improvement in terms of cost, quality, delivery and new product introduction in a global environment
- Contract negotiation including payment terms, quality/warranty/logistics annexes and raw material indices
- Undertake Supplier Relationship Manager Responsibility for key Sources, ensuring all units are aligned to leverage group commercial agreements, where possible
- The roll-out and support of the QAP process together with Supplier Development.
- Provide support to escalate, drive recovery plans and resolve supplier quality/delivery issues using root cause analysis tools & methodology to ensure production requirements are secured
- Adherence to and maintenance of all relevant Purchasing processes and systems, in line with Central Sourcing and Group Policy.
What you'll need to succeed:
The ideal candidate would be flexible & adaptable approach to problem solving and would have senior level contract and commercial negotiation.
Ideally you have:
- Degree Level or Equivalent
- MCIPS/IIPMM Qualification Preferred
- International sourcing in a large scale vehicle/material handling environment would be an advantage
- Excess spend of ???10m and global SRM experience preferred.
- Project management, cross-functional improvement teams and supplier development programs
- LCC Sourcing in EMEA and APAC
- Management/Supervision experience is essential
- Cost Modelling experience with excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- This role is located at our site in Witney, UK. Applicants must have eligibility to work in the UK.