Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Strategic Sourcing Analyst in Virginia w/ Relocation Support
Title: Strategic Sourcing Analyst
Location: Norfolk, Virginia
Salary: $70k - $75k + BONUSES + BENEFITS + RELOCATION SUPPORT
Contact: Michael Pham at
Leading Materials Company seeks a driven Strategic Sourcing Analyst to join its Headquarters in Norfolk, Virginia. The ideal Senior Sourcing Analyst would preferably have previous experience within Procurement for the Manufacturing and Materials industries. The company has a track record of consistent growth with production and distribution in over 10 countries.
This is a newly created role within the organization in order to build a centralised internal procurement department with the aim to deliver more value to the business. Reporting to the Senior Manager for Strategic Sourcing, you will be part of a team of 3 and will be managing a total spend of $150m across all the indirect categories including Facilities, MRO, CAPEX, and Business Services. The company is looking for a 'natural-leader' who can innovate and implement their own Procurement Strategies, and autonomously manage their chosen categories.
There is a direct path for growth through the ranks as you gain exposure with Senior Executives when communicating your Procurement Strategies. There are certification programs and further education opportunities provided, where the company allow you to pursue full personal development and expand your horizons. With a regional role within a global company, there will be travel across the US with the opportunity to travel abroad and collaborate with the global teams.
As a Strategic Sourcing Analyst you will be:
- Evaluating and developing sourcing strategies
- Analyzing and implementing cost savings plans
- Managing relationships with existing vendors, stakeholders and internal Procurement teams
- Negotiating prices and contracts with new suppliers
- Working with other departments in driving the global growth plans
- Actively supporting training and safety initiatives
- Enhancing the development of e-procurement catalog content and utilization
- Proven track record within Procurement, preferably in Manufacturing and Materials
- Previous experience with indirect categories, preferably involving Facilities, CAPEX, MRO and Business Services
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient with SAP and knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Up to 25% of travel
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and growing Procurement team. You will be directly responsible for developing the strategy and direction of various indirect categories in order to ensure maximum performance, profitability and success of the Procurement department.
If you have the relevant experience and skills in Procurement, within indirect strategic sourcing, then please get in touch and send your resume to Michael at
Keywords: Norfolk, Virginia, VA, USA, US, Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Marketing Spend, Professional Services Spend, HR Spend, IT Spend, Procurement Category Specialist, Category Specialist, Buyer, Strategic Sourcing, IT, Marketing, Professional Services, Marketing, Retail, Senior Buyer, Sourcing Manager, MRO Spend, Logistics Spend, Facilities Management Spend, FM Spend, Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Indirect Strategic Sourcing Specialist, Materials, Materials Spend, Equipment Spend, CAPEX Spend, Strategic Sourcing Analyst.