Recruitment Consultant - Contingency Headhunter firm
About the company
Our client is a leading contingency headhunter firm that works with clients across Europe and Asia, finding the candidates that will make a tangible difference to their business. They believe they only exist if they are adding genuine value by matching candidates and clients who would not normally find each other without them.
Established over a decade ago in London, they take pride in their consultant's expertise, defined by their dynamic approach to both the sector they cover and the type of candidate populations that they network within. They have specialist knowledge of how to represent and ambassador their different clients, in what can be a noisy, competitive and fast moving market. They work with Hedge Funds, Traders and Brokers, Investment Banks, Asset Management and Management Consultancies and work with the very biggest names in the finance and consultancy industries.
Our client is looking for an extremely driven, energetic and experienced graduate to join them. The employee will be working closely with the company's Managing Director for the first six months, focusing on gaining a thorough understanding of the industry and how the company works. This will include developing candidate relationships, working on the company's database and learning about their specialist sectors. After the first 6 months you will operate as an expert Recruitment Consultant and you can expect the full benefit of their generous, market-leading commission scheme.
- Research and recruit for diverse roles, working closely with the leaders of the business throughout the search and assessment process, interviews, offers, negotiation and acceptance.
- Act as a point of contact for clients. This will involve attending meetings with Business Executives and running conference calls.
- Developing client relationships through successful account management to foster repeat business.
- Think innovatively to find candidates for challenging roles.
- Take a lead on your personal and professional development.
Training & Progression:
As a junior team member with broad exposure to the leaders of the business, the opportunities in this role are significant. You will receive guidance and support directly from the founding partners and will gain exposure to senior client contacts and industry professionals. You will also be invited to take part in external training courses to improve your skills in certain areas.
- Relevant experience in client relationship building and/or sales
- At least 6 months of professional work experience
- Highly articulate with outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starting, ambitious and tenacious: willing to "go the extra mile"
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to form deep and lasting professional relationships
- Desire to learn and adopt new skills in a people-focussed environment
- Motivated to pursue a successful career in executive search - a long-term approach to business development and client relationships.
- The ability to take initiative and manage up within the company
- Attention to detail and strong organisation skills
- Excitement about the opportunities for significant financial gain
- An interest in the consulting and financial services sectors
- Exceptional organisation, prioritisation and presentation skills
- Experience working in a busy and sometimes challenging environment
- Genuine interest in development
- Russian, French or Chinese language proficiency is a bonus
Location: Central London (Moorgate / Bank)
Start date: ASAP
Salary: ??22-25k basic salary + commission =??40-70k OTE within the first year