Our client who cater specifically for the craft consumer market are looking for an experienced Product Manager to join their rapidly growing global team based in Wrexham. As Product Manager working alongside the product development manager to achieve the long-term global product development strategy. This is a brand new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Product Manager who is passionate about learning a new industry or looking to join a global business that offers the scope for further progression and development. As Product Manager, you will be creative, dynamic and enthusiastic about your work whereby you can add real value to a business as they continue to grow and expand into new market sectors across the world.
This pivotal role involves working alongside the product development manager to achieve the long-term global product development strategy. You must be able to prioritise workload to achieve tight deadlines and successfully launch global product pipeline on time. Strong organisational skills and an understanding of the market and competitors is essential to the implementation of this role.
- Inter-department communication across the business for project coordination
- Present confidently and understand the strategy and objectives when asked by any member of the business
- Review and consider possible suggestions/requests for products solidly to support the business growth aspirations in line with targets set by product development manager
- Implementation of the global product development strategy including sourcing, packaging, samples, etc.
- Input to the overall global product development strategy according to research you have conducted and review with the product development manager to establish connection to business strategy.
- Implementation of product packaging developments including approval process and communication with relevant implementation channels
- Understand the testing requirements and information sheets required for each product and support the process to collate them in an efficient, organised manner
- Understand and develop analytical data for product sales and performance to review with team and manager
- Weekly/Monthly performance reports for current and future releases as directed by manager
- Understand the importance of margin expectations and be able to support the product development manager with these.
- Sample process and implementation
- Sourcing new suppliers globally to support new product requirements. Building the contact list for future product opportunities.
- Communicating regularly with suppliers to develop new products through all development and production stages. You should provide updates weekly with progress.
- Retrieve product cost prices and work out margins based on various RRP's etc.
- Project management - You will be required to work on new projects as identified in the Global Product Development Pipeline - this will require research into the market, competitors, trends, pricing, demographics etc. You will work with other team members to create gate presentations to pitch to senior team members.
- Present information regarding any new products as and when it is required to other departments in the business.
- General administration tasks - Supporting the Product Development Manager with any product proposals, product presentations and any other administration tasks as and when directed.
Have worked in a similar Product Manager previously, industry experience is not essential
Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to think strategically
Experience conceiving of and building products that drive engagement
Hands on experience within an agile product development environment
Excellent planning, project and people management skills
Highly solution orientated with a demonstrable track record of delivering best in class processes
Commercially-minded with understanding of improving profitability and experience of developing and presenting business cases
Experience working closely with other team members
Exceptional presentation and communication skills