Executive Search Graduate Scheme
We are a leading International Human Capital Consultancy, founded in 2000. The core of our business is to conduct searches for executives and non-executives across selected industry sectors in our Corporate Practice as well as professionals within the Asset Management, Investment Banking, Private Equity and Hedge Fund Industries in our Financial Services Practices. From its origins in Financial Services search, the company has successfully diversified into other sectors and is now one of the leading headhunters in Europe.
Within our Financial Services Practice our clients include tier one bulge bracket investment banks, leading M&A boutiques, multinational fund management companies as well as leading names within the Hedge Fund and Private Equity industries. We have seen unprecedented success in recent months, and, as such, need to grow a vital function of our business - the research team. We are looking to bring in graduates to our London office in the City. We operate as one team, allowing us to identify and attract the widest range of international and cross-sectoral candidates; all interviewed by the team to ensure quality and consistency. Each search matters and receives maximum attention.
We're a collegiate firm with a professional down to earth culture. Employees have a variety of different backgrounds, graduates from top-tier universities, individuals with professional services experience, and those who have developed their careers in other search firms.
We are an Executive Search firm, not a Recruitment Consultancy; this is therefore a research based, not sales-based position. We need graduates with exceptional attention to detail, drive, intelligence and patience - this is not a position where you make lots of phone calls to make money as quickly as possible - it's a process. Executive search is a strategic, people business. The successful candidate will be tenacious, charismatic, charming and able to strike up relationships quickly and effectively.
You will need to provide the resource to support the development of the business and then to have the opportunity to specialise and develop a practice area. We're looking for people who would be capable of becoming a Partner of the business one day. Who can develop the skills needed to take on client facing roles and to be a business generator.
As a researcher you will not be confined to just the researcher phase of search, from an early stage you will be able to have broad exposure, including approaching and assessing candidates and attending most candidate and some client meetings.
As a researcher you will have an initial training period of approximately eight weeks, after which you will then rotate through different sector teams. Depending on experience, researchers will typically complete four to eight six-month rotations across the Financial Services and Corporate Practices. This is highly advantageous for you; you can learn how all sectors relate to each other in the business word, enabling you to learn from a variety of colleagues, successfully integrating you into the firm, and providing you with an opportunity to discover which specialism you are keen to develop your career in.
We need individuals with more depth than those just with a history of academic success and an impressive level of intelligence. We look for people who have shown real involvement in university life and actively sought challenges and positions of responsibility. We look for people who are:
- Educated - a top degree from a reputable university is indicative of hard work and intelligence, so we look for graduates with a degree from a Russell Group university, with a 2.1 or above in an academic search subject. We require excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Mature - you will be dealing with executives of large companies and so it is essential to have the maturity to liaise with them in the proper way.
- Strong team player - the process that we take with each and every search is a team game, you have to be prepared to put in your 'all' in order for the team to succeed.
- Multi-tasker - we need someone who can manage their time efficiently,
- Initiative - you must have the ability to work without close supervision; and therefore must be able to gain the trust and respect of colleagues by doing so.
- Desire to learn - have the desire to learn quickly about business news, industry developments and detailed information about specific companies and / or industry sectors.
Though we want people to work here because they want to be here, want to succeed and want to enjoy themselves, we recognise that people also need - and deserve - a fair package to make a career with us viable.
- ??34,000 basic salary, plus bonus.
- Unrivalled exposure and progression - our researchers quickly develop and grow and are worthy of promotion; either to an associate consultant in a specific practice area, or to a more senior research - the choice is yours.