The recruitment consultant role is sales based and will require a highly motivated candidate who is looking to benefit from an uncapped bonus structure and the opportunity to grow their career.
The original PageGroup brand, Michael Page is comprised of 25 disciplines - each providing a service to a specialist area of the market. We recruit permanent, temporary, contract and interim opportunities, typically from second/third job levels upward. Businesses we work with range from SMEs to global blue-chip organisations.
Michael Page was established in 1976 and has grown rapidly ever since. From humble beginnings we have gone on to become a worldwide recruitment superpower.
Historically from within our Maidstone office we have focused on the finance market and have set the bar for placing the best candidates into the best finance jobs locally. Due to our continued success we have now grown the business further and now recruit roles within Procurement, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Buying and Human Resources locally.
We would now like to hire the right candidate to help us either break new ground in a discipline that we do not currently focus on or instead to continue the great work that our current consultants are doing. That doesn't mean that you need to be a recruiter already, but you need to exhibit the skills that any market leading consultancy organisation would want.
Your day to day responsibilities/tasks will include the following:
- Developing relationships in your area with small and large businesses
- Attending business meetings with new and existing clients
- being a point of contact for the client and the candidate during the recruitment process
- sourcing candidates from social media, recruitment websites and our own internal database
- working closely with colleagues, in order to achieve the best result for the candidate/client
- meeting with candidates to talk through their career aspirations and providing them with the tools that they need to perform well at interview
- placing temporary/permanent candidates into a role
- meeting and exceeding challenging targets
You will most likely either be working in the recruitment industry or come from a sales background where you have experienced working with challenging targets. However, we have successful recruiters from various backgrounds including sales, the armed forces, high level sport, retail and many others.
To be successful in the recruitment consultant role you will require the following attributes:
- A desire to perform well and exceed targets
- The ability to negotiate and influence decision makers
- A team ethic
- Able to think on your feet
- Great time management
- Well organised
The recruitment consultant role offers -
* Competitive Basic Salary (Dependant on experience)
* Success led Bonus scheme
* First Class Corporate Benefits
* Unlimited career progression potential
Progression will bring fantastic management, directorship and senior management opportunities, as well as the ability to earn a very competitive salary whilst working for a market leader.