Strategic Sourcing Category Manager
Indirect Category Manager for a leading US Retailer
Job Title: Indirect Category Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Salary: $110k - $115k + BONUSES + BENEFITS
Contact: Michael Pham at
Leading US Department Store Retailer seeks an exceptional Indirect Category Manager to join their expanding team in their Headquarters located in Greater Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Fortune 500 company has stores operating in 45 US States and is rapidly expanding globally. The ideal Category Manager will have previous experience managing any indirect categories such as Professional Services, IT, HR, or Marketing.
Working in a team of 5 Indirect Category Managers, you will be responsible for handling $75m spend across a group of indirect categories based on your background and aspirations (Professional Services, IT, HR, or Marketing). With the company's plans for growth, your role will grow and evolve including plans to significantly increase the total procurement spend and by association your spend managed. Cost savings are obviously an important part of this role but just as important, the CPO is looking for someone to work in a truly strategic sourcing role, aligning themselves closely with senior business stakeholders and adding true value to the business.
The role is a great opportunity for an ambitious Category Manager who either wants to specialise in specific Indirect category or expand towards handling a group of categories within the Procurement function. Although the role is primarily US based with the occasional travel, the organisation is planning to expand globally so there will be more opportunities for travel.
As an Indirect Category Manager, you will be:
- Evaluating and developing sourcing strategies
- Analyzing and implementing cost savings plans
- Communicating the procurement strategy with stakeholders
- Managing relationships with existing vendors
- Negotiating prices and contracts with new suppliers
- Lead cross functional sourcing teams and work with other departments
- Proven track record within Procurement with indirect categories such as Professional Services, IT, HR and Marketing
- Experience within the retail industry preferred but not essential
- Experience as Category Manager preferred but not essential
- University degree, preferably within Business, Finance and Accounting
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and growing Procurement team. You will be directly responsible for developing the strategy and direction of various indirect categories in order to ensure maximum performance, profitability and success of the Procurement department.
If you have the relevant experience and skills in Procurement, within indirect category management, then please get in touch and send your resume to Michael at
Key Words: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, PA, New Jersey, NJ, USA, US, Procurement, Indirect Procurement, Marketing Spend, Professional Services Spend, HR Spend, IT Spend, Procurement Category Specialist, Category Manager, Buyer, Strategic Sourcing, IT, Marketing, Professional Services, Marketing, Retail, Senior Buyer, Sourcing Manager, Indirect Category Manager.