9/10 recruiters recently asked said they didn't initially plan on becoming a recruiter. It's probably a higher percentage than that.
Somewhere between 4 or 5 still have the desire to succeed past the first two years.
Depending which of the 30,000+ recruitment companies in the UK you currently work for it probably isn't all champagne lunches & Friday afternoon's at the pub despite what the advert might say.
So, you find yourself window shopping, scrolling through pages of adverts & LinkedIn posts telling you how green the grass is on the other side, all whilst trying to find the right company for you.
And that's no easy task.
Everybody offers a market leading bonus structure.
There's a lot of talk about career progression.
Maybe they even shout about office bean bags and the communal pool table.
Recruitment is tough, you need to be committed and able to cope with the emotional rollercoaster that is the never-ending battle to maintain your pipeline. But ultimately, all you want is to enjoy what you do and where you work.
You know there's money to be earned which makes some of it worthwhile. But aside from that what else is important?
Wouldn't it be nice if you could find a business that really will look after you? Maybe even listen to what you want to achieve?
What we're looking for...
There's a recruiter shaped hole in our Cheltenham team.
In an ideal world you'll have two years' experience working within recruitment under your belt, but good knowledge of the local market will go a long way.
There's plenty of scope to develop your own new business, along with the opportunity work with some of our existing clients.
The opportunity is there to be as successful as you want to be; no one here is going to tell you what you must do and how you have to do it.
The bit that matters - what's in it for you?
- We listen to you and what you want, shaping a role to suit
- Progression isn't just a word we use to lure you in - we will have a plan in place from day one depending on the route that you want your career to take
- We'll pay you well with a generous basic salary with a bonus scheme paying 33%. It's as simple as that
- We know the job is hard and success isn't easy so there's a bi-annual luxury oversees trip for high achievers (Ski & Sun)
- Whilst the culture is flexible the hours can be long, so you'll always have a 3pm finish on a Friday afternoon to look forward to
- There's a quarterly wrap up celebration for the whole business (A day out at the races, go karting, paintballing, cocktail making and a nice slap up meal have all featured in our last two events)
- We offer 25 days holiday plus your birthday off so there's plenty of chance to get some down time
So, what makes us "us"?
- The quality of our candidates - we invest time in meeting, getting to know and building relationships with as many people as possible in our specialist disciplines so we can truly be considered an expert
- We truly live our values: We've cultivated a grown-up, transparent environment where everyone takes ownership for what they deliver and how they deliver it
- Cold calling isn't part of our recipe: Quality conversations based on adding value to someone's day is where it starts
- How we communicate - e-mails and texts pass information between people but do not replace the value of a good conversation: two people listening to each other's opinions, ideas and aspirations. People talk; we want to talk.
Want to hear more? Let's talk. I would love to find out what we could do for you!