Purchasing and sourcing Co-ordinator Procurement Buyer
A great opportunity to become a key member of the buying department, you will work directly with the UK and Far East supplier network and be responsible for ensuring that products are ordered on time and manage deliveries to the UK within budget and to the company quality standards. The purchasing department is tasked in maintaining sufficient inventory levels across multiple sites to meet the sales demand of all of the company's marketplaces. You will be expected to liaise with various departments to ensure the smooth flow of work throughout the company.
- Companywide stock analysis, forecasting, planning and buying in conjunction with the Purchasing Manager
- Develop strong supplier relationships as you will be the first point of contact on all commercial issues relating to oversees suppliers
- Managing organic/non-organic imports and importing certificates into the Trade Control Expert System
- Managing lead times from Purchase Order through to final delivery to the UK.
- Driving gross profit margin through buying, selection and negotiation
- Analysing sales data to forecast demand, monitoring and optimising inventory levels across multiple company sites.
- Collaborating and preparing relevant consumption data for reporting and analysis on weekly/monthly basis.
- Assisting in purchasing finished goods and components for current and future products
- Support the Purchasing Manager in progressing supplier relationships to ensure optimum cost solutions for piece price through detailed cost analysis, on-going supplier relationships, negotiation and looking to enhance production processes
- Review current supplier agreements to implement clear supplier KPI's. Identify opportunities to renegotiate terms.
- Develop a reliable base of suppliers who provide good value in terms of quality, price, service, support, accuracy and on time deliveries
- International sourcing, identifying products/ranges from global manufacturers to improve current lines and create opportunities in sourcing new items to enhance the company's product portfolio.
- Undertaking projects with the team to help inform buying decisions for new product development
- Administrating all product data requirements on company ERP system (Netsuite), controlling product setup/revision changes
- Administrating all production works orders and maintenance of BOM's on ERP system.
- Maintaining accurate purchase order data and scheduling timelines to provide updates on inbound deliveries
- Maintaining cost effective logistics solutions for supply of goods via Air- and Sea- shipments, liaising & negotiating quotations for Sea/Air-shipments with Freight Forwarding and Logistics Companies
- Optimise carriage costs - Provide ongoing review of logistics providers
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, ability to prioritize with great attention to detail
- Independent worker who is willing to learn with high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Previous experience in buying and procurement
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving and ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to negotiate and influence
- Flexible approach, willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances
- IT skills with high level of competence in using Microsoft Excel and Outlook
- Good experience using ERP system in a procurement role, NetSuite experience is desirable but not essential
- Experience of freight forwarding and importing goods would be an advantage.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Chinese speaker would be an advantage
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Job Type: Full-time
The selected candidate may be required to meet with our supplier in China and attend trade shows in the Far East.
Working Hours: Mon-Thurs 8:30 to 17:30, Fri 8:00 to 16:30.
Based in Muswell Hill