Research Associate - Executive Search
Our client's core business is advising boards on board and management succession. Its work is of huge social significance. The appointments it makes materially impact every employee in the businesses they work with, changing the make-up of British business.
The company specialises in the appointment of Chairmen, NEDs, CEOs, and CFOs and - because these skills are transferable - it works across all sectors. Its clients range from Britain's biggest and best-known companies to much smaller organisations with turnovers of ??50m+. The typical clients are FTSE 100 multinationals, mid-cap businesses, private equity firms and their portfolio companies.
Its clients are the boards of some of the largest businesses in the UK, and they reply on us to provide objective advice and insight, underpinned by rigorous research, to ensure the best outcome for our assignments.
Outstanding research delivers the best results and, because of this, the role of research associate is fundamental to the business.
The research team typically works directly with clients at the most senior level. You will handle broad-based research across multiple sectors. Your work will involve building knowledge of businesses of all shapes, sizes and cultures; understanding distinct organisations and their structures, in order to support the clients in executive and non-executive succession.
You will work directly with a partner to execute your assignments. The company is an environment in which people can uniquely be themselves - they invest in personal development. There is a supportive and collaborative structure and there are clear routes to progression. Research Associates quickly gain client exposure and will be involved in every aspect of the search process - you are not chained to a desk.
Initiative will be rewarded.
- Working in a team with the partners and consultants on assignments - from pitch and briefing to interviewing and report-writing
- Attending and participating in client briefings, candidate interviews, longlist and shortlist meetings
- Building an understanding of the brief and challenging the brief as appropriate. You will need to think creatively to ensure that the company deliver the right solution, working across sector and as part of a team to identify potential candidates
- Managing the search process alongside a partner and contacting candidates and sources to ensure that all targets are explored and covered
- Desk research, using the most appropriate resources, including external databases as well as the internal database
- Producing and managing candidate profiles for long and short lists
- Candidate report writing
- Reference checking
- Minimum of a 2.1 from a top tier university
- An interest in business, with a curiosity and desire to learn more.
- First class communication skills - both written and oral
- Keeping up to date with business and governance developments in the business press
- A sharp, effective intellect. Mentally dextrous, able to handle multiple assignments, at different stages, in different sectors simultaneously
- Able to synthesise and distil relevant information quickly and accurately
- Organised and thorough. Able to take ownership of all aspects of your work
- Attention to detail and able to work in a focused way, but still able to see the bigger picture
- A meticulous focus on quality
- Able to work as part of a small, tightly-knit team, taking ownership of all research and contributing more broadly to the firm's development
- Flexible and committed with a good sense of humour
Training and Development:
They offer an exciting and unique opportunity for all members of the team to contribute to the shaping and growing of the company. They operate in a transparent environment in which everyone has a voice, and the chance to make it heard. You will learn a lot from experienced colleagues and undergo training in-house.
- Location: Central London
- Start date: ASAP or January 2019
- Salary: The total rewards package and remuneration will be based on experience and potential; it is highly competitive. Remuneration is made up of base salary and discretionary bonus. They provide private medical insurance and a company pension scheme.
- Duration: Permanent