Responsible for developing & maintaining category strategies and future product developments including market awareness and proactive module build sub-assembly.
'Our purpose is to revolutionise the home building industry by delivering a new supply solution to the problem faced in the UK in terms of a shortage of suitable, affordable housing.'
- For the allocated categories understand business requirement & supply market. Using appropriate purchasing tools develop the sourcing strategies & refresh regularly to reflect changing market conditions & business requirements.
- Negotiate contracts in line with the Goods/Services terms appropriate to the category being sourced, ensuring quality, cost and delivery focus, lead time & optimal rate.
- Actively manage supplier contracts over contract life, monitoring and acting on supplier performance data to ensure suppliers perform in line with business requirements & implementing proactive action where performance does not meet expectations.
- Conduct value engineering exercise with suppliers to ensure product cost targets are met or enhanced, and proactively identifying product/service improvement.
- Experience of developing category strategies using best practice tools & techniques
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Experience in negotiating complex issues and create innovative solutions which deliver value for the business
- Experience of ERP systems & Operations planning
- Supply chain management experience within the housebuilding market, construction, sub-contract and/or pre-fabrication an advantage
- Project Management experience including risk management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business and gain further experience in your procurement career.