IT Sourcing and Operating Model Specialist
Who we are looking for
PwC's Technology Consulting Practice is looking to recruit IT Sourcing and Operating Model Specialists at the Senior Associate grade.
PwC is looking to significantly grow its Technology practice and within this its capability in this area. The IT Sourcing and Operating Model Specialist will be instrumental in selling and delivering client work and will provide a critical role to these growth plans.
PwC currently provides services across the full IT Sourcing lifecycle to a variety of clients across a number of sectors. Demand for these services are growing as organisations look to align their future ICT capability and supply chain to the changing needs of their business. The role will be client facing, providing independent and expert IT Operating Model and Sourcing advice to support programmes and projects initially in the public sector, however experience of delivering these engagements in the private and financial services sectors will be welcome and candidates could work across all three sector areas.
PwC's IT Sourcing and Operating Model Specialists are trusted individuals that leverage the firm's brand values and positioning as the leading advisory firm and the successful candidate will be one who can skilfully bridge the worlds of business and technology and build sustainable relationships with clients based on the quality of their work.
About the role
Our client base includes both public and private sector clients and the team focuses on providing services across the full IT Sourcing lifecycle from strategy through to implementation.
The role reports to a Partner and will provide the individual with significant development opportunities that arise through working in a high growth area in an expanding team.
The following skills and experience are relevant to this role
• Candidates should demonstrate skills and experience in one or more of the following
• Supporting development of target operating models and roadmaps for IT functions (including process, people, technology design for the future state)
• Working with senior team members to develop IT Sourcing strategies for clients (including reviewing their existing business and IT capabilities, identifying the future IT capabilities and services required, determining whether these should be provided internally or insourced/outsourced, defining appropriate commercial arrangements for any future IT supplier arrangements and determining the most appropriate sourcing route to acquire such capabilities)
• Developing IT service requirements, service levels and other key contractual documentation that is required for a future IT supplier arrangement
• Facilitating the development of transition plans that include both client and future supplier obligations and then supporting transition activities
• Delivering and supporting sales of work of this type
• Setting up delivery programmes to implement these types of solutions including any governance and control frameworks required
Desirable Experience and Skills
• Developing robust business cases to support any IT operating model change, Sourcing and/or IT transformation project
• Performing ongoing reviews and benchmark exercises of existing client contracts as part of ongoing performance reviews and service improvement initiatives
• General knowledge of the IT supplier market, the key players and their strengths and weaknesses and the ability to relate these capabilities to client challenges and communicate this effectively
• An ability to advise and interact with clients and experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams
• Strong business acumen - with awareness of the current business environment and the challenges it presents to organisations
• Experience in one or more sectors (preferably public sector and also Financial Services, Consumer Products, Pharmaceutical, Utilities, Media and Entertainment) which would enable the consultant to engage credibly with clients in that sector
• Proactive approach and able to influence and drive the decision processes associated with major IT projects
• Supporting transition/project delivery to enable the client to move to the future IT state
• Formal qualifications such as ITIL, TOGAF and/or CIPS would be of benefit
Our people need to demonstrate a defined set of core skills and behaviours. We refer to these as our global core competencies. They are integral to who we are as a firm and form the basis of our people appraisal process. We will also assess you against them within our recruitment process to benchmark your own skills and behaviours. We recommend you visit the below web page to find out more about our global core competencies and to consider how your own experiences will align against them. This will help you through the recruitment process with us.
We're one of the world's leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, 'The PwC Professional' and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here