Sourcing Manager - Based in London
PlusHR are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of Wine Source Group
Wine Source Group is the global source of fine wine and spirits. The group is made up of a negociant-style sourcing company supplying international 'service hubs' around the world. This ensures consistently high levels of 'local' service through an assured, premium and international network. In London we supply the best Hotels and Restaurants, discerning Private Clients, long established wine Merchants and leading Department Stores. This is a fantastic opportunity to discover the world of fine wine and to be part of a young and dynamic team in a fast-growing company.
Wine Source is also supplying Wine Funds, including the MFSA regulated Wine Source Fund and helps them in devising the best investment strategy to yield strong financial returns for their investors.
We can offer an attractive career path for the right applicant with the opportunity of working towards a senior role in the future.
Skills & experience required
- Previous wine knowledge is essential; WSET or similar qualification welcome.
- Educational level: Bachelor/Master Degree required.
- Expertise in identifying key suppliers to develop cost savings and continuous improvement initiatives; well networked and negotiating skills to secure deals from supplier.
- Fluency in front of various computer systems, where curiosity and drive will enable the candidate to quickly understand and master the software tools developed for the company.
- Excel proficiency (i.e. Pivot tables, Vlookup).
- Knowledge of logistic processes for import/export and related paperwork.
- Being very structured and rigorous in day to day work, as there is no room for approximation in the role; with a solid drive, willingness to work in a multicultural team where passion and energy are central to the company's success.
- Being very solution driven, pragmatic, good communicator and with sense of priority.
- Being very discreet and reliable with high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Fluent in English and ideally French and/or Italian as additional languages.
- The candidate must hold a UK/EU passport or authorization to work in UK.
Only candidates with a minimum of one year experience in a similar position (wine importer, negociant, wholesaler) need apply.
Main tasks included in the job description
- Sourcing, negotiating and buying from suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, and distribution capabilities.
- Proactively researching and offering stock to the sales team and liaising with fine wine suppliers to secure brokered stock.
- Prepare purchase orders by verifying specifications and price per company guidelines.
- Data base maintenance and daily administrative support for Wine Source Fund.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies, processes and tools in alignment with business needs and organizational priorities.
- Support the company's fast growth on the market when it comes to its back-office support and ensuring that the clients service level is consistently high and the company cost to serve is being optimized.
This is a dynamic and challenging role that would be perfect for a young professional, dedicated, wine passionate individual who has good teamwork and time management skills and wants to be at the centre of a growing innovative department.
The expected earning bracket for this role will be GBP ??26K-28K per annum depending on experience, plus private medical insurance benefits and Company pension after probation period.