BlackBook Executive Search is looking for an experienced Director to join our team in Mayfair. In line with our growth plans into 2019 we would like to speak with individuals who have a minimum of 7+ years’ experience in executive search and would like to work for a business that genuinely encourages its people to be creative and rewards their success. You will work alongside some of the best operators in the industry with access to an established and growing global client base across the retail, beauty, hospitality, consumer and luxury space. Ideally you will already be working across one of our sector focuses, working cross functionally, and or be a functional expert.
We would also consider applications from experienced professionals within any of our industry sectors wanting to move into Executive Search.
Recruitment & Client Management:
- Ownership of client relationships at Senior Manager to Director level
- Deliver recruitment and intelligence projects against agreed timelines whilst maintaining BlackBook’s high standards.
- Responsible for the effective management of the search and contingency recruitment process, including:
- Fee negotiations, working within the BlackBook terms of business
- Client meeting and job briefing
- Ability to manage end-to-end research for your recruitment projects
- Ability to source relevant candidates both autonomously and with research teams
- Interview and assess all candidates presenting to client
- Assignment shortlisting through to successful offer and close
- Client and candidate management throughout process
Always provide a highly professional recruitment service to clients and candidates
Involvement in delivery for other Directors/Consultants projects. Taking on client relationships and recruitment projects from other members of the team.
- Development and delivery of personal business development plan
- Ongoing new business development.
- Seek out and secure new business from existing and new clients within your area of expertise.
- Identify new business and development opportunities via networking, client visits and industry events.
- Demonstrate awareness of industry trends and developments within client markets
- Ensure all leads followed up immediately by telephone contact
- Complete regular searches on all live vacancies/candidates
- Refer to national and trade press converting leads into clients, also be responsible for coordinating this information to the centralised BD function at BlackBook.
- Ensure that all sales calls are to the highest standard using sales cycle e.g. gaining attention, open-ended questions, gaining commitment etc.
- Maximise opportunities for BlackBook through effective cross selling other services, for example; retained search, market intelligence project etc
- Contribute to the strategic planning for the development of the business, share and communicate business development activity and relevant industry intelligence gained
- Be an ambassador for the brand
Systems & Administration:
- Attend and contribute to weekly/daily team meetings
- Recording and document effectively all activity associated with business development and ongoing recruitment projects, all client and candidate contact
- Ensure BlackBook’s standards and conditions of work adhered to, in line with the company’s Handbook
- Ensure Business Development is recorded arcuately on the system and with minimum entry requirements
- Ensure highest standards of confidentiality maintained with regards to all client and candidate information, in line with BlackBook’s employment policy and contract.
- Keep the Database ‘clean’ and up to date, both for the candidates, assignments and companies under your responsible, as well as those you interact with; correcting record errors as soon as they are identified
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in a recruitment/executive search firm or HR background for Talent Acquisition
- Commercial mind-set, focus on the ROI for every project and activity
- Need to bring with them a book of business (contacts)
- Highly organised, ability to multi-task, accustomed to organising and juggling several conflicting priorities
- Able to work autonomously and to tight deadlines
- Fluent communication and written English skills, additional languages highly beneficial
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work alongside and with internal teams
- Strong rapport building and networking skills
- Determination to deliver on projects