Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Fast Track
Are you an ambitious procurement professional looking for a challenging new role to be part of a fast growing industry leading procurement team in a global leading FMCG firm? This FMCG firm have recently been gaining significant market share due to consistent innovation and staff development. They are currently building their procurement team and attempting to grow even more over the next 18 months.
Joining this organisation as a strategic sourcing specialist you will be primarily responsible for managing the strategy and supplier base for the GNFR procurement department. You will also gain exposure working alongside board stakeholders.
With this position you are expected to progress into a senior management position within the next few years.
Additional responsibilities of the strategic sourcing specialist role include:-
- Leading strategy development for the GNFR category collaborating alongside senior stakeholders
- Managing one of the largest areas of spend within the business with the responsibility to grow the supplier base.
- Involvement throughout the full procurement lifecycle from cradle to grave and additionally ensuring projects are implemented successfully and rolled out
- Developing long term relationships with large global suppliers ensuring best for value products and services are obtained
- Contribute to the overall creation of the long term GNFR procurement category leaving a lasting legacy within this leading global FMCG firm.
Strategic sourcing specialist will have the following skills and qualifications:-
- Consistent progression year on year from graduate scheme to buyer.
- Procurement knowledge with experience in end to end procurement.
- Great interpersonal skills with gravitas and a communication style influencing senior stakeholders and clients.
- Project management experience
- Prince 2 desirable
- Great experience across the following industries:-
- Ability to carry out spend analysis ensuring best valued equipment is strategically sourced
- Degree educated
You will work for a global leading retail firm gaining the opportunity for rapid career progression with continuous training and frequent performance reviews. Access to Life, Health and Travel insurance along with great bonus and car allowance. This FMCG firm are quickly growing and this is a great time to join them.
If you are ready for a great opportunity and are ready to advance your career with a fast growing retail firm then please apply by sending your cv to Patrick on