We take pride in being there for our customers, any way we can. We're always available to help them deal with whatever life has in store and support them in achieving financial security; and that's thanks to the talented and dedicated people who work with us. Joining us, we want you to be proud of the work you do, how you develop and the contribution you make to society. Working with us, we help your talent thrive in an environment where you'll be supported to work autonomously and flexibly.
From HR and Digital teams through to Group Finance, Risk and Corporate Comms - our Group function support our businesses across the UK and abroad. Delivering essential services and activities that have a real impact on our business and our customers lives, we enable our people to do what they do best, contributing to delivering a great customer service, profitability and strategic growth.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To deliver a professional Resourcing service, by managing key recruitment activities through the full hiring cycle - i.e. from raising and qualifying a role to onboarding. The Resourcing Lead will be responsible for championing and delivering the resourcing proposition ensuring that agreed standards are met / exceeded and that the resourcing activities add value to the business.
- Recruitment - Qualify the role requirements with a scoping meeting, agree selection method/process and manage expectations of the hiring manager around timescales for delivery. Complete all relevant documentation in support of these activities.
- Source candidates through appropriate channels; contact all candidates by phone to qualify application, assess suitability for the role and rank application. Present shortlist with objective reasoning on selection to the hiring manager with appropriate supporting documentation. Confirm recruitment process to candidates, ensure interviews are set up and all parties are fully briefed and equipped with the correct selection tools. Prep and debrief each candidate by phone and confirm with email either directly if candidate direct or via the agency. Work with the hiring manager to confirm offer details and justify objectively the selection. Manage offer negotiating, contract formulation and on-boarding.
- Target Orientation - Ensure that time to hire is line with objective. With 100% of candidates spoken to prior to shortlisting. Along with continually improving business knowledge and awareness to promote best practice, improve service and cost efficiency.
- Subject Matter Expert - Specialising in Resourcing Processes. Agree the right recruitment process for individual projects / campaigns. Design and implement a variety of assessment tools to ensure that candidates are correctly and fairly assessed. Highlight risks to the hiring manager and how they can be mitigated. Communicating with the appropriate stakeholders (HRBPs, Resourcing BP's and wider team) to ensure the right decision is made and be the trusted advisor with market expertise. Drive collaboration across the business. Share ideas and be innovative and creative with recruitment strategies. Help set and shape the resourcing agenda and help prioritise the projects / needs.
- Communication - Ensure that candidates, hiring managers and all relevant stakeholders are regularly briefed and updated at all stages of the recruitment process by active verbal communication and backed-up by email. Using the relevant escalation points when needed.
- Diversity and Inclusion- Ensure that all D&I targets are met including balanced shortlisted and diverse interview panel is selected
- Compliance - Recording recruitment process as a safety measure against conflict and to ensure we follow 'best practice' and the right decisions are made.
- Ensure all interview notes are recorded. Ensure redeployment process is adhered to at all times and flag any lack of compliance to Redeployment lead and/or RBP.
- Analytical skills to enable you to interpret brief to source, sift, screen and shortlist all candidates
- Ability to influence senior managers and manage expectations
- Strong communication skills Qualify candidate capability and suitability
- Overseeing activity of colleagues to ensure a seamless delivery into the business
- Provide practical advice to hiring managers to ensure that they use agreed selection tools fairly and effectively.
- Experience of online testing platforms such as SHL
- Develop good understanding of L&G, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment
- Use all available channels to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates.
- Write a compelling and robust advertising copy
- Attention to detail to ensure that all communication is correct and relevant for all stakeholders.