HR Assistant (Recruitment)
To provide an effective HR support and administrative service with an initial focus on recruitment. Working with the Recruitment and Retention Manager and HR Officers and other members of the team you will provide day to day support to managers and staff. Initially the post holder will focus on the delivery of a professional, high volume recruitment service ensuring support and advice is provided to recruiting managers balanced against good practice and governance requirements. The postholder will be expected and advise on job descriptions and person specifications, the placement of adverts and advise on the most cost effective recruitment sources. The post holder will be expected to input into policy and process design as applicable. The post holder will be part of the HR Operations team and will be expected to undertake other duties as required as part of the wider team.
Key responsibilities and outcomes: (most frequent duties first)
- To provide routine proactive advice to staff and managers on recruitment matters including the writing of job descriptions and person specifications, adverts and advertising options using templates.
- To have an awareness of job evaluation processes and advise recruiting managers as applicable with general advice on the process, seeking input as appropriate.
- To work with recruiting managers and external agencies and media to define the most cost effective recruitment sources using own knowledge and information from recruitment sources. To seek input from Recruitment and Retention Manager as applicable.
- To process a full range of transactional HR actions and associated actions, ensuring adherence to legislative requirements and standard HR processes and policies ensuring that records are set up correctly for payroll i.e. producing and setting up on the HR and Payroll system new starters and changes to ensure staff are paid correctly and documentation is accurate
- To ensure that the completes all statutory and pre-employment checks in a timely manner seeking advice from HR Officers, Business Partners and other colleagues as applicable.
- To use a range of IT systems to ensure the delivery of a timely and effective service i.e. an HR and Payroll System, online recruitment system and finance system for the processing of relocation claims.
- To ensure that HR documentation is produced and maintained in a timely manner, including contracts and documentation is saved in accordance with departmental policy.
- To participate in manning an HR Hotdesk on main campus, as and when requested
- To provide designated areas with a range of reports/management information on a regular basis as related to the role
- To work proactively as a member of the HR Operations Team providing cover where necessary and working with the HR Officers and Head of HR Operations to seek improvements to service delivery.
- To undertake other duties as directed throughout the year related to specific HR processes i.e. senior academic recruitment
- The post holder will be expected to undertake other duties that are within the scope of the role as requested by the line manager or Head of Department where applicable.
- As the needs change so the above job duties and location of the role within the colleague will be adjusted accordingly
Desired Knowledge, Education, Qualifications and Training
- Educated to A level or NVQ level 3 or equivalent experience
- CIPD qualified to level 3 or above
- Knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector.
- Working knowledge of key employment legislation relating to recruitment and equality and diversity
Skills and/or Abilities
- Ability to prioritise effectively.
- Good time management skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Close attention to detail and ability to maintain work of a high standard
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Good analytical skills
- Significant demonstrable experience of successfully working in a recruitment function within an HR administrative and support role
- Experience of proactively inputting into HR/recruitment process design and team working in a previous role
- Experience of working with a range of IT systems and applications including Word, Excel, the internet, an HR and Payroll System, an on-line recruitment system and finance system
- Experience of working with Resourcelink HR and Payroll System, Stonefish on-line recruitment system and Agresso finance system
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential data
- Experience of successfully producing and working with management information
Office Angels acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Office Angels UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Office Angels. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser: https://www.office-angels.com/candidate-privacy