Board Recruitment Manager (Non- Executive Search)
About the Role
As Board Recruitment Manager you will provide a bespoke service matching business leaders with non-executive board roles at multi-academy trusts. You will co-ordinate recruitment to non-executive director volunteer opportunities within multi-academy trusts and attract candidates to these roles. You will provide outstanding client support to academy trusts and to C-suite volunteers, working with our experienced consultants who provide the expert guidance and support to trusts.
You will also help Academy Ambassadors to build relationships with corporate organisations and stakeholders as we develop an extended offer to our corporate partners and alumni. This role would suit individuals with experience in recruitment and a passion for making a difference to the lives of young people. It offers the opportunity to work at pace in a well-regarded organisation and build an outstanding personal network in both the corporate and education sectors.
New Schools Network (NSN) is a dynamic, growing charity that aims to improve the quality of education particularly for the most deprived – by increasing the number of good free schools within the state sector.
The Academy Ambassadors is a non-profit programme within the broader NSN charity. It provides a free, bespoke service matching business people and professionals with multi-academy trusts looking to strengthen their boards. Multi-academy trust are schools that come together to raise standards, governed by one ‘trust board’. Since 2013, the not-for-profit programme funded by the Department for Education has helped trusts to recruit over 950 business people and professionals to trust boards.
NSN is a small team of ~30 based in riverside offices in London and in Manchester city centre. The team comes from a range of backgrounds, including recent graduates, civil servants, educationalists and those with a background in the third and private sectors. We are supported by a strong board of high-profile trustees. Find out more at https://www.academyambassadors.org/about-us/our-team.
By working together, inspirational educationalists and talented business leaders can provide a better future for the next generation.
The key aims of this role are to:
- Co-ordinate recruitment of non-executives to academy trust boards, managing key relationships with trusts, candidates and the primary funder, the Department for Education and their Regional Schools Commissioners offices to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality standards.
- Identify and recruit suitable candidates to meet client requirements in order to improve academy trust board governance in line with corporate and personal goals.
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and selection processes by effectively liaising with the client trusts, candidates and internal teams, with direct responsibility for the South of England, East and South-West and supporting the Northern office with headhunting expertise.
- Progress leads with academy trusts that are referred to Academy Ambassadors by the Department for Education as well as working with ‘repeat customers’ and developing new leads with trusts that require support. Support the trusts through the recruitment process, working with the consultant Advisers who provide the expert academy trust governance advice.
- Deploy the strong, existing pool of candidates and headhunt new candidates, for example through LinkedIn and by expanding the networks and stakeholders that provide free advertising of Academy Ambassadors’ board roles.
- Present suitable candidates to our consultant Advisers for the Advisers to deliver expert telephone briefing and screening. You may also screen candidates as appropriate.
- Ensure scrupulous and accurate database management and set standards for others.
- Agree and achieve KPIs.
- Work as part of a team to continuously improve our service and ensure the recruitment service complies with recruitment best-practice and relevant industry codes.
- Client management.
- Previous recruitment experience, including headhunting techniques,
- such as LinkedIn.
- Educated to degree level.
- CRM systems, accurate record-keeping and database entry/management.
- Self-motivated, able to identify opportunities and ambitious to achieve targets and objectives.
- Passionate about education and supportive of our aim to increase business engagement in education.
How to apply
To apply please send a CV and a tailored covering letter demonstrating how you meet the essential criteria above to email@example.com by midnight on Wednesday 29th August 2018. Please also include details of your current salary and notice period. If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the timetable below:
- Recruitment start date: Friday 20th July 2018
- Deadline for applications: Midnight Wednesday 29th August 2018
- Invitations to first-round telephone/Skype interviews will be offered to shortlisted applicants on Tuesday 4th September
- First-round telephone interviews: 6th September
- Face-to-face interviews at London office: 11th and 12th September
- Decisions: ~ 14th September
- Contract starts: from 1 October
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are only able to contact shortlisted applicants. Applications without a tailored letter will not be considered.