Department Human Resources, Resourcing
Reporting Line Reports to Head of Resourcing
Location Leeds or Manchester
At Addleshaw Goddard we not only provide technical excellence and experience but, crucially, demonstrate real insight into our clients and what really matters to them. A natural choice for FTSE100 clients and for the best talent, our people fulfil their potential in an environment where they are developed and valued. We put ourselves in our clients' shoes, as part of a team of effective business people as well as efficient lawyers.
This role will support the Head of Resourcing with the delivery lateral fee-earning recruitment. You will be responsible for managing the day-to-day lateral fee earner recruitment requirements of the business with an emphasis on direct sourcing. Regular travel to the other UK offices as required.
The following list of duties is not exhaustive but gives a flavour of the duties the Resourcing Advisor undertakes:
- Working with other Resourcing Advisors and Divisional HR Managers and Advisors to help develop and ensure robust business cases for all new appointments
- Working with the recruiting Partners to create comprehensive & meaningful role profiles and maintaining these on a database, ensuring that the Divisional HR Managers are updated
- Identify & instigate the most appropriate sourcing of candidates, with an emphasis on direct sourcing using the various tools available such as Linked In, CV Databases.
- Managing relationships with key resourcing providers, including aiding the Head of Resourcing with selecting and maintaining our PSL
- Setting up and attending career events and agency briefings, ensuring presentations are prepared and materials available for distribution. Ensuring recruiting partners are briefed on expectations of their role in the briefing/ event
- Responsible for updating internal and external careers pages, website profiles and other external media, such as job boards
- Oversee the application process for all candidates via the firm's on-line portal and ensuring correct administrative procedures are followed and regularly updated
- Work closely with the Recruitment Assistant to set up interviews, pass on feedback, draft contracts
- Support the effective selection of candidates; attending interviews as required and providing an "added-value" assessment of applications
- Provide timely and effective feedback to candidates either directly or through agencies
- Manage the offer process through to acceptance, advising Partners on appropriate salaries (as per business cases) and processes for achieving successful outcomes and ensuring all offers are appropriately authorised
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- This role requires an experienced Recruitment Advisor or someone with HR/Recruitment experience and the transferable interpersonal skills to develop into this role. They should ideally have had experience of working in a professional services environment (preferably within law)
- Experience of recruiting of senior professionals, Partners / Executive level
- Experience of direct resourcing including using tools such as Linked In and head-hunting candidates.
- Experience of international recruitment.
- Capable of delivering accurate and commercial advice and keeping employment law knowledge up to date